Last visit was: Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:36 am It is currently Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:36 am

[ 214 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
 ROOTS 
Wanee Wizard

Post Re: ROOTS
Rivernole wrote:
Looking for a Tutorial ...RFID for Dummies......

Rivernole... I trust you are getting emails about your 'ticket' (wristband) being mailed to you... Got my shipping notice yesterday, there's a tracking number and everything.

Just read the instructions in the mailing. Best course of action is to register your wristband before the fest. The wristband is a fabric kind, like you are used to, but has a plastic thing on it, with the RF chip in it. There's a six digit number stamped on the plastic thingy, and when you register that online, the fest peeps activate your wristband. You could also do this when you get to the Suwannee, but doing it ahead saves some time. Only PITA part of it is, *only one email address can be assigned per wristband*... so if you got a gang going, everyone needs their own email addy (or Facebook account), to register the RFID.

At Bonnaroo, there's entry and exit turnstiles... there's a RF reader on the thing to your left, it lights up green to go in, and you also *scan out* to leave. I'm unsure whether they will be reading RFIDs at the fest entry gates, or just at the park entry. I'm fairly sure that they are rolling out RFID for Roots, as a beta test for when they really 'need' to have it working: for the 25,000 admits at Hulaween. So us Roots people, will be the guinea pigs :D

~~~~~~~~~~~~

So: WHY??

The advantage of RFID for the fest is, it maintains a one person admit per band. You're in, you can't transfer the band to someone else and scan in again, cuz you're already scanned in. Avoids fraud.

The other advantage is that it eliminates having 3, 4, 5 wristbands for your various RV camping, VIP, Super VIP, etc. it's all registered on the wristband account. Some fests like Peach have a half dozen differing camping areas, and they have to maintain the traffic, etc. and this eliminates tons of credentials.

At Bonnaroo, I registered a credit card on the thing, and we were cashless for food and beverage the whole time. Very convenient. Though I also have no idea whether fraudulent charges were applied, as there really is no way to audit the charges. I got my Visa statement three weeks later with about 43 Bonnaroo line items, shrugged and said, I guess that's about right. I'll never know :?

Suwannee hasn't implemented vendor sales for the RFID yet, but it's only a matter of time before they do.

The advantages of RFID are obvious! Resistance is futile!! :P

Last edited by beach bob on Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:26 am, edited 2 times in total.

Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:44 am Profile
ϟ ϟ Wanee Demi-God ϟ ϟ

beachbob......I am ol skool..... :oops: :cry:

Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:49 am Profile
ϟϟ Wanee Demi-Goddess ϟϟ

Also your band can identify you if God forbid anything bad happens... I didn't register mine for Lockn (I simply keep forgetting) and they still worked fine.

Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:51 am Profile
Wanee Fan

Got a message from the guys in charge saying a day by day schedule will be out today

Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:51 am Profile
ϟ ϟ Wanee Demi-God ϟ ϟ

Don't believe everything they tell you....
just saying..... :lol:

Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:54 am Profile
ϟ ϟ Wanee Demi-God ϟ ϟ

Dr.dab wrote:
Got a message from the guys in charge saying a day by day schedule will be out today

Haven't seen a schedule yet........though there is still time today..... :roll:

I am not holding my breath..... :o

Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:42 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

Rivernole wrote:
Dr.dab wrote:

Haven't seen a schedule yet........though there is still time today..... :roll:

I am not holding my breath..... :o

Well you were right, but Paul or whoever runs the Facebook page was kind enough to update me and say it will be out for certain tommorow morning

Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:34 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

schedule is out see you all there 8-)

Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:37 am Profile
Wanee Wizard

Digging the sked!! 8-)

Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:01 am Profile
Wanee Fan

I too am excited for Roots. 8-)

Between Irma and Maria, I think we are ALL ready for some festivities. Celebration. Celebration and remembrance, I'm glad to see: well-deserved tributes to Col. Bruce Hampton and Guy Clark. (Along with our regular Vassar Sunday...)

Hmpf. Enjoy them while ya can, music lovers! Every note is a gift...

Question for b-bob, though: I thought yall were OUT, because Number One Son had a conflict that weekend ? It sounds kinda like yall back IN, for Roots.

Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:55 am Profile
 [ 214 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next