Last visit was: Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:28 pm It is currently Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:28 pm

[ 214 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22  Next
 ROOTS 
Wanee Wizard

Post Re: ROOTS
Gov'nah wrote:
i didnt even know the tickets were on sale yet. they are completely slacking with their online presence on social media. we will be there with the Treehuggers

They were selling them at spring for $135. I missed them too.

Wed May 24, 2017 8:00 am Profile
Wanee Fan

Roots posted on Facebook that the lineup will be out before the end of May, so early next week is likely

Wed May 24, 2017 9:30 am Profile
Wanee Wizard

The Roots powers that be did a decent job of promoting last October's fest, and the lineup was real solid. But the spring event was very much cobbled together at the last minute... it kind of defeats any chance of earning new attendees, if you have next to zero social media presence.

Those of us who have been coming for years, and like the core artists, will be there again. But the way forward to becoming solvent by adding admits, is promotion. Hope that they step things up for this fall's event.

Wed May 24, 2017 10:12 am Profile
Wanee Fan

toovayne wrote:
Last week they posted on Facebook that a lineup announcement would be coming this week. I'm assuming there will be no announcement today. Anybody know why the delay? I want to buy tickets, but was burned a couple years ago with a cancellation (phases of the moon festival. Turned out to be a blessing though because it got me to SOSMP for the first time.)

Phases- what a shame for those who got burned, and for all us festy fans in general. Year 1 was a blast despite the weather problems- and may be the only time I will see helicopters brought in to dry out camping areas!

Sorry you were burned on year 2 tix. When it became obvious the fest was not going to happen i contacted my credit card company and amazingly managed to get the charges denied. I know most folks got burned.

Wed May 24, 2017 8:07 pm Profile
Wanee Gnome

I bought the tickets with my debit card. My bank basically told me that I had to give them a chance to pay me back since they said they would within 90 days. I bought tickets early so by the time the 90 days were up they said it had been too long since the purchase was made to cancel the payment. So I got screwed by the festival and my bank. Oh well, it got me to the last magnolia and I wouldn't give that up for anything.

Wed May 24, 2017 9:12 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

Thu May 25, 2017 12:44 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

Looks pretty good to me, I just hope Billy Strings or Sierra Hull is in that more to be announced

Thu May 25, 2017 1:01 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

I MISS MAG!!

Thu May 25, 2017 1:07 pm Profile
Wanee Gnome

Not a bad lineup. I might be making the trip from TN for this one, but I'm not sure how many other people will travel that far for this lineup. Looks like it is missing a headliner and maybe some late night funk. Still solid for me.

Thu May 25, 2017 2:56 pm Profile
ϟϟ Wanee Demi-Goddess ϟϟ

While there are more than a few bands I like on the lineup, I can't say the entire fest is to my tastes. I'd like to come just for some family time, but I think this won't be it. Sorry my loves.

Thu May 25, 2017 3:59 pm Profile
 [ 214 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22  Next