Last visit was: Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:17 pm It is currently Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:17 pm

[ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Jam Cruise 2018 
Wanee Wizard

Post Re: Jam Cruise 2018
The music cruises get targeted. If a fella isn't aware of that, and they go on a music cruise, the dumb / tough rule shall apply.

I've been on a few cruises... 'normally' the bomb & drug sniffing dogs are paraded around the luggage on the dock after your cruise has ended... they are looking for contraband being brought into the USA from the islands. For Holy Ship, they used the dogs before the cruise started.

Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:36 am Profile
Wanee Veteran

Post Re: Jam Cruise 2018
ArmeDane wrote:
SeaPA wrote:
I used to spend a lot of time on Roatan, going there for scuba diving trips.
This is one of my favorite places in the world. Non-divers can rent gear and find fantastic snorkeling right off West Bay Beach. And, if you like coffee, go to a grocery store and buy some Cafe Oro. It's not the expensive stuff for tourists, it's what the locals drink. You will not be disappointed. 8-)

One of my favorite places, too. It was our vacation destination from the early 90s through the early 00s (we co-owned a house there) & went at least once a year, usually twice a year. When we first started going, there were only two buildings on West Bay Beach - a small restaurant at the eastern end of the beach, a house at the western end. The only amenity was an old guy with a cooler of beer/soda (transported to the beach in a wheel barrow) and some local kids selling Ziploc bags of cashews. It was reeeeeeeally rustic when we first started going - WW3 could've started and we'd not have known.

Café Oro is great stuff.

Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:05 pm Profile
 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3