Last visit was: Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:57 am It is currently Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:57 am

[ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Jam Cruise 2018 
ϟ ϟ Wanee Demi-God ϟ ϟ

Post Jam Cruise 2018
So the wife informs me that we got tickets and a cabin for Jam Cruise leaving Miami Jan 2018. Deck 11
First time on a cruise looking forward to a great time.

https://www.jamcruise.com/

Oh Gator country

A little bit of that chomp chomp

Tue May 16, 2017 8:12 pm Profile
ϟ ϟ Wanee Demi-God ϟ ϟ

Post Re: Jam Cruise 2018
I know Scott will be there and quite a few members of Short Cut Camp as well.

Who else is going?

Oh Gator country

Wed May 17, 2017 8:53 am Profile
ϟϟ Wanee Demi-Goddess ϟϟ

Janet and Pat are going also.

Wed May 17, 2017 9:33 am Profile
Wanee Fan

Jensen B Gator wrote:
Who else is going?

I wish! To me, this lineup is the most tempting so far.

We got married on a cruise, and cruising is one of our favorite vacations... that and going to music festivals. Jam Cruise is the ultimate combination of our favorite activities, so you'd think going would be a no-brainer... but it's so damn expensive! :cry:

Wed May 17, 2017 11:29 am Profile
Wanee Lover

I know all who go will have a blast.....I can't make it ! There are usually pre- cruise shows here in South Florida .... looking forward to some of that !

Wed May 17, 2017 12:53 pm Profile
ϟ ϟ Wanee Demi-God ϟ ϟ

AndieBee wrote:
Janet and Pat are going also.

Sharona, Rob, Teirno and Cary as well

Oh Gator country

Wed May 17, 2017 12:54 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

Zombie thread resurrected!

Your man on the street reporting... last night, I motored all the way into the belly of the beast, the Wynwood part of Miami, for a pre-Jam Cruise party. Which happened at the Wynwood Yard, a pretty cool spot if you've never been (I hadn't). It's an open air city block reimagined into a kind of backyard party space. There's a central covered bar, a stage to one end, and several food trucks installed around the perimeter. A really cool and chill space. But the energy, mere hours away for most of the crowd embarking onto the big boat full of music, was electric, to say the least. I got comped in by a complete stranger, who was in a hurry to zero out her guest list, so she could start partying. I never even got to thank her, she ran off so fast! Sweet. I need to pay that one forward.

I saw lots of good people last night: Scott (TieYourShoes) and his lovely gal Donna... and Pat & Janet... and a whole mess of my local buds, including a few Miami pals I hadn't seen in years.

The music started with the Roosevelt Collier Trio, with Eddie Roberts of the New Mastersounds on guitar. They rawked, though the sound was kinda muddy at points. But it's Rosie... always fun and grooving and funky. Anthony Cole was on drums; ya can't go wrong there!

Pat had his spankin' new stickers, which said: FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS MISS TURKUAZ. And so I didn't, or should I say we didn't?!? They slayed it as usual. Pretty much the best funk outfit going right now. They're like a steam locomotive, going about 90mph. SO MUCH FUN!!! :D

When I get my wayback machine fixed, I'm going back to being 30yo, so I can be skinny again, drink with impunity, and go on one of these jam cruises. Last night was just a taste... and it does taste sweet. :ugeek:

Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:34 pm Profile
♫♫ Wanee Master ♫♫

Great night last night despite the hideous sound quality -- and that's being charitable. Bass level was perfect -- for an EDM blow-out.

I think the Turkuaz folks were singing, but it was hard to tell.

Seriously, a spectacular evening of music, despite the poor sound.

Collier, Matt Lapham, AC Cole, keyboardist from Electric Kif, then with Eddie Roberts.

Turkuaz -- wow.

Also, unless you are almost up front, you cannot see anyone on stage. Raise that damn thing about four feet!

OFF ON JAM CRUISE IN AN HOUR!

"Remember: music is a religion. You have to pray every day."
-- Jose' Luis "Cheo" Pardo, Los Amigos Invisibles

Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:59 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

Agree on all points, TYS. They need that stage lifted at least two feet. I moved all over to find a sweet spot for the sound, kinda gave up after awhile. Still fun though! :mrgreen:

Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:01 pm Profile
Wanee Pro

Hope you all enjoy the cruise. I used to spend a lot of time on Roatan, going there for scuba diving trips. Then I went & knocked up the wife a couple of times, and don't get to go much any more. Now the boys are big enough to learn diving, so hoping to get back into it with them (took them down last summer & they loved it).

Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:17 pm Profile
 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next