Last visit was: Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:48 pm It is currently Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:48 pm

[ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 OBJ 2017 
Wanee Mushroom

Post Re: OBJ 2017
Volkemon wrote:
Back early from OBJ. We left early saturday morning. :(

Not often I say this, but glad to be alive. And I am not being dramatic.

We rented a 22' RV for the fest. First time RV'ing for Pattie, I had a 5th wheel camper for a house back in the early 2000's. Never did a festy in one, however.

We checked in at the gate, and got told generator RV was 'up top' or 'down bottom' of the fest, we elected to go down to the bottom. Parked next to another RV, and had an empty space between. We quicly found out that the camper was a hot box in the sun. Generator was a necessary item, running AC. Well... OK. I had filled the tank with gasoline to allow for generator usage.

It was VERY unusual, but we had a tent camper put up his tent about 10 feet away from the side of the camper, between us and another RV. Our generator was running, and the exhaust pointing at their tent... not anywhere I would set up a tent, but who am i to judge?

Well... fast forward now to Saturday about 6:30 AM. We were sleeping, and an alarm started going off. LOUD alarm. I couldn't find it... and finally did. LOW to the floor, and under the table. For Carbon Monoxide and LP. :shock: :shock:
Silenced the alarm, turned off the AC. opened up the door and roof vents. Not much for windows to open. Turned off the generator, and heard a hissing sound. Checked the AC... nope. sounded like it was down under the floor...like the LP tank. :!: :!: :!: :? :shock: Pattie then commented that there were people laughing outside. :?: Ok..
I tossed on shorts, and went outside. Yep.. BIG hissing behind the LP gas access door. I opened it, and found disarray. Gauge broken, fill cap off, and FILL VENT OPEN AND SPEWING GAS!!

And out tent neighbors looking on. :? I commented that 'someone' had messed with the LP gas. The girl told me that no, she had been up and NOBODY had been around. :roll: The man with her gave me a big eyeroll and said 'wow...really?!?' with a grin.

Wow. :shock: :shock: I am pretty sure at this point they were sick of the generator running, and figured they would shut it off on their own. I just about sh*t my pants on realizing this... and started checking other things. Yep... generator door 1/2 unlocked, and side bent up. One side locks with a key, and evidently denied them access. The LP door has no key, and in his/her anger, the person opened it,reached in, and just started to turn and yank. I had inspected that area with the RV owner on Wednesday, and it was in new condition. (This coach had less than 5000 miles on it when we got it)

The two were still watching me, so I asked if they had even heard the hissing. 'Why no! Not a thing" was the response from the girl. I commented "Thats strange... I could hear it inside the RV with the generator still running... Thats why I turned it off."

The girl then gave me a quick surprised look.. "YOU turned off the generator?!?" she said, and gave a pointed look at her male friend. He looked a little surprised also. I guess he told her messing with the propane would stop the generator, and had taken credit for stopping it. WOWOWOWOWOW. I am inches away from going postal on this stupid a**hole.

No knock on the door. No asking us to turn it off, even the stupid a**hole is TENTING IN RV GENERATOR AREA.

Long story short(er) - We packed up and left before I went to jail for assault, battery and charges further. Yeah, we could have called the cops, let them get black dust all over EVERYTHING, then tell us they had nothing they could use. Then leave hours later, pissed off more.

We saw nothing, cant prove a thing. Sure know what happened... stupid a**ho;e from kentucky, with all his farmer stickers on the car, got sick of listening to the generator. So he took care of it.

And almost killed us. WOW.

I had to wait a day before posting this... still rather upsetting. Lessons learned? a few... but I an happy we are alive and well, and have a camper to return.

If/when I get an RV, the LP gas door will lock. I would advise this to current RV owners. Not sure why this one did not, every other hatch had a lock.
AND I will have alarms on the hatches, so I know if one is open. Handy to know for when you are going down the road, and possibly a lifesaver when some molly-head f*cks with your camper.

Volkeman,
I'm not absolving the wrongdoers here, but you do realize generators are not supposed to run all night right? I believe there's an 8 o'clock or 11 cutoff. Mine was off by 11.

I was in the same area and I remember hearing a loud ass generator running all Friday night and shutting off around dawn. Luckily, I was inebriated so it didn't get on my nerves too much but I'll bet they thought you were super inconsiderate and took matters into their own hand.

Again, I'm not happy about your experience but if I was next to you I'd be pissed. I'd ask you to shut it off instead of f!*king around.....but whatever.

Still obj is a good time on the cheap!

Tue May 23, 2017 10:15 pm Profile WWW
Wanee Mushroom

Ranch rule 13
13. Quiet generators allowed only in specific areas of the Ranch, at the complete discretion of the Ranch Manager, during the hours of 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.

Again dude not justifying what happened by no means just providing some insight.

If we all had hondas, this would never happen lol

Tue May 23, 2017 10:28 pm Profile WWW
Wanee Wizard

BUMP!

Wed May 24, 2017 7:56 am Profile
Wanee Wizard

Thejainhand wrote:
Ranch rule 13
13. Quiet generators allowed only in specific areas of the Ranch, at the complete discretion of the Ranch Manager, during the hours of 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.

Again dude not justifying what happened by no means just providing some insight.

Thanks for the bump Nick! 8-)

This was a 2017 Onan micro quiet. ~50 hrs. Not exactly a dewalt 5k with a 13hp honda.

And thank you for quoting the rule, and we did follow. We were directed to RV *GENERATOR* area, parked next to a RV, and one space open between us and two more RV's. This indeed was a 'Specific area' as stated above.
Also, you are quoting the campground general rules. These can be much different from the rules (and fees!!) during an event at the park. I cleared 24 hr genset use with the ranch manager by phone (Doug? I forget now...) and with the attendants at the gate when we arrived. (Yes, I would have turned around, and gone to Sebastian or something. We forgot the tix when we left.. :oops: and i was making sure all was clear before I put out another $220 for tix. :evil: )

Genset running until 8PM? I am pretty sure it was still daylight. :? I was NOT about to come back to a hot,stale camper at 2am. That would not have been acceptable camping conditions for me. :lol: I was careful to have this authorized before I dropped ~$1200 on a camper rental. The ability to use a camper on AC is one of the primary reasons I went to the fest - if I had to have been in the normal tent/bus setup in that heat I would have stayed home.

Hope that provided some detail and insight. ;)

Wed May 24, 2017 10:57 am Profile
Wanee Wizard

I'm pretty sure anyone who *can* run their AC overnight at OBJ, does. My friends go most every year; they have trailers. It's freakin' HOT every year. Or so I have heard.

Matter of fact, another friend was gearing up to rent a commercial AC unit, and run duct work into tents for paying customers at OBJ. Cold air blasting into your tent! Woo! Dunno if he actually pulled it off... I need a spy report on that. It's a spiffy idea... I might could do that and survive OBJ. It's no fun having to exit your tent at 8:15am, with four hrs of sleep, cuz it's just too damn hot in there.

Wed May 24, 2017 12:16 pm Profile
Wanee Mushroom

Volkemon wrote:
Thejainhand wrote:
Ranch rule 13

Thanks for the bump Nick! 8-)

This was a 2017 Onan micro quiet. ~50 hrs. Not exactly a dewalt 5k with a 13hp honda.

And thank you for quoting the rule, and we did follow. We were directed to RV *GENERATOR* area, parked next to a RV, and one space open between us and two more RV's. This indeed was a 'Specific area' as stated above.
Also, you are quoting the campground general rules. These can be much different from the rules (and fees!!) during an event at the park. I cleared 24 hr genset use with the ranch manager by phone (Doug? I forget now...) and with the attendants at the gate when we arrived. (Yes, I would have turned around, and gone to Sebastian or something. We forgot the tix when we left.. :oops: and i was making sure all was clear before I put out another $220 for tix. :evil: )

Genset running until 8PM? I am pretty sure it was still daylight. :? I was NOT about to come back to a hot,stale camper at 2am. That would not have been acceptable camping conditions for me. :lol: I was careful to have this authorized before I dropped ~$1200 on a camper rental. The ability to use a camper on AC is one of the primary reasons I went to the fest - if I had to have been in the normal tent/bus setup in that heat I would have stayed home.

Hope that provided some detail and insight. ;)

Ok so you did some research beforehand. If I knew I could run it all night I would have. They really should make that clear and steer tents away from the same area.

I figured the one I heard was not yours since you rented a nice rv with a built in unit.

Ill tell you what, Id be pissed to be next to a dewalt screaming all night long. Thats just not right.

So 2 curious questions:
1. Where were you? If you headed past the gate and went straight back all the way until you cant go anymore, and them started your right turn, thats where I was.
2. How much did you have to shell out for damage?

ES

Wed May 24, 2017 1:02 pm Profile WWW
Wanee Wizard

Thejainhand wrote:

So 2 curious questions:
1. Where were you? If you headed past the gate and went straight back all the way until you cant go anymore, and them started your right turn, thats where I was.
2. How much did you have to shell out for damage?

ES

1) we were all the way down towards the lake. As you entered the ranch, continue straight down the road until forced to take a right and follow the 'road' around. WAY past the Zombie stage, (past where I think you were), around the island of tent campers in the middle...... There was a break (on the left as we traveled) to allow access to the lake for pedestrian and cart traffic. There was a '50th anniversary ' class c right next to this path to the lake. NICE ride. (Ken? Cool dude. I really suck at names) We were one spot closer to the main stages from him. to the right as viewed from the road, clockwise from above. That left one vacant for 'Kentucky Tent Man, then a 20x30 (?) pole tent in front of another RV (I think had the DeWalt clone.. :? ) then maybe 2 other class C closer to the main stage.

2) Lucky for me I did NOT bust that A**holes skull open, so there were no damages there. :lol: All damages to the coach were fixed to where they passed the return inspection. Damage deposit was refunded in full. :D

Thu May 25, 2017 1:13 am Profile
Wanee Mushroom

Great! At least you didn't have to pay.

I know where you were. No way was it your generator I heard.....

Gotta come back don't let one bad apple spoil it.

I had an incident last hulaween. My gf and I had our hammock up on the hill on the side of the big stage. We went to the mushroom and another and came back at midnight. I was wasted. When we came back there's this wasted 20 year old punk and his gf in our hammock. No biggie. So we said hey what's up that's our hammock. This dick replies no it's not. It went back and forth and he starts rambling "there's no such thing as ownership" over and over and over. I finally blew my lid, grabbed his shirt, and wound up a massive fist telling him if he didn't get out now his nose was getting broken. He starts in with no ownership rambling again. I composed myself, let him go and walked away for the same reasons.....getting arrested plus I'm a teacher so it's not good business.

Anyway, my gf jumped on top of them and they split but man I was triggered. I swear I had such a clean shot I might have killed him lol

Thu May 25, 2017 6:04 pm Profile WWW
Wanee Wizard

Thejainhand wrote:
Great! At least you didn't have to pay.

I know where you were. No way was it your generator I heard.....

Gotta come back don't let one bad apple spoil it.

I had an incident last hulaween. My gf and I had our hammock up on the hill on the side of the big stage. We went to the mushroom and another and came back at midnight. I was wasted. When we came back there's this wasted 20 year old punk and his gf in our hammock. No biggie. So we said hey what's up that's our hammock. This dick replies no it's not. It went back and forth and he starts rambling "there's no such thing as ownership" over and over and over. I finally blew my lid, grabbed his shirt, and wound up a massive fist telling him if he didn't get out now his nose was getting broken. He starts in with no ownership rambling again. I composed myself, let him go and walked away for the same reasons.....getting arrested plus I'm a teacher so it's not good business.

Anyway, my gf jumped on top of them and they split but man I was triggered. I swear I had such a clean shot I might have killed him lol

I love this story. It really gives me hope for the future. Well... My future anyway. As long as people keep raising their kids like this, my kids are going to breeze through life, and I will never have to worry about some young kid taking my job. The world needs more hammock thieves lowering the bar.

Fri May 26, 2017 7:58 am Profile
 [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3