Last visit was: Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:56 pm It is currently Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:56 pm

[ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 OBJ 2017 
Wanee Wizard

Post OBJ 2017
WoooHooo!

Just paid for band tix, saved $40 on the two of us.

Gonna glamp it on this one in a brand new 22 foot class C. (Rental) Gonna see if short but sweet fits our needs.

Getting there either Wed late or Thurs early.. not sure which.

Got an insane idea about taping the whole thing.. :roll: :lol: With such short sets I expect nothing but A grade material! Should be some fine music.

Sun May 07, 2017 3:14 pm Profile
ϟϟ Wanee Demi-Goddess ϟϟ

Post Re: OBJ 2017
[color=#BF00BFI love OBJ, and hate to miss this year. Have a wonderful time!![/color]

Sun May 07, 2017 3:19 pm Profile
Wanee Pro

I always enjoy OBJ, it's a great little festival. Unfortunately I don't usually get to camp & stay there due to little league baseball, but it's close to home so I just bounce in & out as my schedule allows.

Mon May 08, 2017 10:16 am Profile
Wanee Lover

Wish it was closer for me!!!!

Mon May 08, 2017 11:20 am Profile
♫♫ Wanee Master ♫♫

We love OBJ. Check out these previews!

Pre-parties

http://www.musicfestnews.com/2017/05/04 ... e-parties/

Full lineup

http://www.musicfestnews.com/2017/05/03 ... jamboree2/

Theme nights & music compilation

http://www.musicfestnews.com/2017/04/08 ... me-nights/

"Remember: music is a religion. You have to pray every day."
-- Jose' Luis "Cheo" Pardo, Los Amigos Invisibles

Mon May 08, 2017 4:07 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Theme nights.... what a cool concept,keeping us interested,good fireside topic!

Mon May 08, 2017 6:09 pm Profile
Wanee Pro

From this page:
http://www.orangeblossomjamboree.com/

You can download the compilations from 2014 thru this year. I've not yet listened to the 2017, but the 2014 and 2015 are both excellent.

Tue May 09, 2017 2:17 pm Profile
ϟ ϟ Wanee Demi-God ϟ ϟ

Have a few friends arriving today, have a grate time........wish we were there, but can't do it all

Oh Gator country

A little bit of that chomp chomp

Wed May 17, 2017 8:51 am Profile
Wanee Pro

Weather's looking a bit iffy, with a pretty good chance of rain this afternoon & evening. Headed out soon to catch some afternoon tunes, but stuck at the little league field this evening unless we get rained out.

Fri May 19, 2017 2:20 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

Back early from OBJ. We left early saturday morning. :(

Not often I say this, but glad to be alive. And I am not being dramatic.

We rented a 22' RV for the fest. First time RV'ing for Pattie, I had a 5th wheel camper for a house back in the early 2000's. Never did a festy in one, however.

We checked in at the gate, and got told generator RV was 'up top' or 'down bottom' of the fest, we elected to go down to the bottom. Parked next to another RV, and had an empty space between. We quicly found out that the camper was a hot box in the sun. Generator was a necessary item, running AC. Well... OK. I had filled the tank with gasoline to allow for generator usage.

It was VERY unusual, but we had a tent camper put up his tent about 10 feet away from the side of the camper, between us and another RV. Our generator was running, and the exhaust pointing at their tent... not anywhere I would set up a tent, but who am i to judge?

Well... fast forward now to Saturday about 6:30 AM. We were sleeping, and an alarm started going off. LOUD alarm. I couldn't find it... and finally did. LOW to the floor, and under the table. For Carbon Monoxide and LP. :shock: :shock:
Silenced the alarm, turned off the AC. opened up the door and roof vents. Not much for windows to open. Turned off the generator, and heard a hissing sound. Checked the AC... nope. sounded like it was down under the floor...like the LP tank. :!: :!: :!: :? :shock: Pattie then commented that there were people laughing outside. :?: Ok..
I tossed on shorts, and went outside. Yep.. BIG hissing behind the LP gas access door. I opened it, and found disarray. Gauge broken, fill cap off, and FILL VENT OPEN AND SPEWING GAS!!

And out tent neighbors looking on. :? I commented that 'someone' had messed with the LP gas. The girl told me that no, she had been up and NOBODY had been around. :roll: The man with her gave me a big eyeroll and said 'wow...really?!?' with a grin.

Wow. :shock: :shock: I am pretty sure at this point they were sick of the generator running, and figured they would shut it off on their own. I just about sh*t my pants on realizing this... and started checking other things. Yep... generator door 1/2 unlocked, and side bent up. One side locks with a key, and evidently denied them access. The LP door has no key, and in his/her anger, the person opened it,reached in, and just started to turn and yank. I had inspected that area with the RV owner on Wednesday, and it was in new condition. (This coach had less than 5000 miles on it when we got it)

The two were still watching me, so I asked if they had even heard the hissing. 'Why no! Not a thing" was the response from the girl. I commented "Thats strange... I could hear it inside the RV with the generator still running... Thats why I turned it off."

The girl then gave me a quick surprised look.. "YOU turned off the generator?!?" she said, and gave a pointed look at her male friend. He looked a little surprised also. I guess he told her messing with the propane would stop the generator, and had taken credit for stopping it. WOWOWOWOWOW. I am inches away from going postal on this stupid a**hole.

No knock on the door. No asking us to turn it off, even the stupid a**hole is TENTING IN RV GENERATOR AREA.

Long story short(er) - We packed up and left before I went to jail for assault, battery and charges further. Yeah, we could have called the cops, let them get black dust all over EVERYTHING, then tell us they had nothing they could use. Then leave hours later, pissed off more.

We saw nothing, cant prove a thing. Sure know what happened... stupid a**ho;e from kentucky, with all his farmer stickers on the car, got sick of listening to the generator. So he took care of it.

And almost killed us. WOW.

I had to wait a day before posting this... still rather upsetting. Lessons learned? a few... but I an happy we are alive and well, and have a camper to return.

If/when I get an RV, the LP gas door will lock. I would advise this to current RV owners. Not sure why this one did not, every other hatch had a lock.
AND I will have alarms on the hatches, so I know if one is open. Handy to know for when you are going down the road, and possibly a lifesaver when some molly-head f*cks with your camper.

Sun May 21, 2017 6:08 am Profile
 [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next