Last visit was: Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:32 am It is currently Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:32 am

[ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 No Col. Bruce Hampton at Wanee 2018 
Wanee Lover

Post Re: No Col. Bruce Hampton at Wanee 2018
P.S. I came close to seeing "the light" this April (Angioplasty saved me) ! Now my signature means even more to me! I am not looking for anything, just wanted to let you know a little more about eric

Wed May 03, 2017 9:00 pm Profile
ϟ ϟ Wanee Demi-God ϟ ϟ

So glad it did Eric! Live to see another day and eat another sammich....!

Wed May 03, 2017 9:42 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

The Grogans Have Arrived!

Brato Ganibe

Thu May 04, 2017 9:40 am Profile
Wanee Peach

If I was close to Atlanta, I'd go to this! 8-)

http://music.blog.ajc.com/2017/05/08/co ... the-tombs/

Quote:
Renowned blues guitarist Tinsley Ellis was one of the many musicians who shared the stage with Col. Bruce Hampton at the Fox Theatre last week.

By the end of the night, Hampton shocked fans and fellow musicians when he collapsed during the encore of his “Hampton 70” birthday celebration and died shortly afterward at an Atlanta hospital.

On June 10, Ellis and “special surprise guests” will headline a tribute show at the seventh annual Tunes from the Tombs festival at Atlanta’s Oakland Cemetery. Hampton had been slated to headline the event.

Ellis and friends will present “Music of the Stained Souls: A Tribute to Col. Bruce Hampton,” and will be joined by Yonrico Scott of the Royal Southern Brotherhood. Ellis played with Hampton in the Stained Souls, along with members of Widespread Panic, Derek Trucks Band and Captain Soularcat.

Others performing on the main stage are Delta Moon, Secondhand Swagger, Cadillac Jones and Trey Dahl & The Jugtime Ragband. All are expected to perform Hampton songs during their sets.

Additional musicians on the lineup include Bad Spell, Spencer Garn & The Diamond Street Players, Blake Rainey, Octave Atlanta, Little Country Giants and Wasted Potential Brass Band.

Tue May 09, 2017 1:58 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

RIP Bruce

Saw Craig Fuller play an acoustic show with Paul & Fred of Little Feat on Saturday- tribute was paid!

Tue May 09, 2017 6:57 pm Profile
Wanee Peach

ohio wrote:
RIP Bruce

Saw Craig Fuller play an acoustic show with Paul & Fred of Little Feat on Saturday- tribute was paid!

Nice! I never got to see Lowell George w/Feat, but the first incarnation I did see was all originals w/Craig sitting in for Lowell. I liked that version alot better than later versions. 8-)

Wed May 10, 2017 1:49 pm Profile
ϟ ϟ Wanee Demi-God ϟ ϟ

Casey wrote:
ohio wrote:
RIP Bruce

Nice! I never got to see Lowell George w/Feat, but the first incarnation I did see was all originals w/Craig sitting in for Lowell. I liked that version alot better than later versions. 8-)

me too, that was a tight sounding band

Oh Gator country

A little bit of that chomp chomp

Thu May 11, 2017 9:23 am Profile
Wanee Peach

Jensen B Gator wrote:
Casey wrote:
ohio wrote:
RIP Bruce

me too, that was a tight sounding band

Yes it was! It made me realize that those guys were more than Lowell's "back-up band". They were as much of the Little Feat sound as Lowell was...if not more imo.

Got to see that incarnation several times, including once when they opened for The Allman's at Lakewood Amphitheater in Hotlanta. As I was wandering the lawn, looking for friends that I knew were there, I hear a couple of confused rednecks ask, "Why are all the hippies here?". I just laughed and kept walking. :lol:

I was very disappointed with the sound when they added a female vocalist/fiddle player. 8-)

Thu May 11, 2017 2:22 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

hoping they do a tribute for col. bruce at roots

Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:10 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

hopefully we something good to honor him at roots

Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:30 pm Profile
 [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next