Last visit was: Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:57 pm It is currently Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:57 pm

[ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 contacting management 
Wanee Wizard

Post Re: contacting management
I wouldn't hold out much hope for the tape deck...

Or the Credence.

Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:33 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

I need to call the park as well I had a cheap styrofoam cooler and the wind blew my top off and my ice melted resulting in room temperature beer. If you make contact with the office please make them aware of my beer loss. I was in reserved camping as well and sosmp could have built a wall around the park to stop the wind. Also I have sand in my shoes and would like to have a park representative clean my shoes as well.

Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:48 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

maestro63 wrote:
I need to call the park as well I had a cheap styrofoam cooler and the wind blew my top off and my ice melted resulting in room temperature beer. If you make contact with the office please make them aware of my beer loss. I was in reserved camping as well and sosmp could have built a wall around the park to stop the wind. Also I have sand in my shoes and would like to have a park representative clean my shoes as well.

Are you okay bro? You are going beyond your normal level of snark. Do you need a hug? Do you want to talk about it? Are you feeling unsafe or unloved?

Awe f!*k I think the hippies infected me. What am I saying???

Screw this guy!! Who camps under dead trees???

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:06 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

maestro63 wrote:
I had a cheap styrofoam cooler .

Also, I think you mean a machine molded polystyrene beverage dispenser containing liquid happiness.

Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:10 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

This will be far less entertaining than the Nick n' Stro show... :lol: :lol: :lol:

rogermarshall wrote:
We were in a legitimate camp site not Primitive Camping. The top of the tree came down on us not branches. The break occurred about 20 feet up and the piece that fell was about 15 feet long with a diameter of over a foot. We did take photos and report it immediately. Campers on both sides of us took pictures as did management representatives.
I understand if someone camps in an undesignated spot but we were in a reserved spot.

Roger

well, that does give a different view on things. I would also think that routine examinations of trees around paid campsites would be a responsibility of the management, as one does have the presumption of safety in such areas.

It is good that you and the management have pictures, as this may shed light on the nature of the cause of failure. The condition of the tree at the break area would be of importance. Was the top 15' dead and shedding bark? That would imply lack of due diligence on the parks behalf, as such a condition does not arise overnight.

Likewise, should it show that there was no visual indicator that would readily be detected, the park may bear little responsibility.

""I am hoping the management will replace my destroyed camping equipment "" was your opening post. I suggest you get a list of items, their replacement value, and get a total amount determined. Make several copies, and contact the park to see who you should mail them to.

http://www.musicliveshere.com/contact-us

You should get a response.

Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:10 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

Yeah, what he said ^^^^

I am not trying to undermine you situation rogermarshall, but this is not the place. Call the Park. All you're going to get in here is a bunch of freaks and weirdos. And Me.

Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:13 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

Indeed. I tried to stay on the high road... and I knew I could count on others to, ummm... *not*
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Hey baby, you're on a subliminal trip to nowhere. You better get your trip together before you step in here with us!

:ugeek:

(PS / Edit ~~ AWESOME to have finally met ya Nick, if only for that short five minutes! It was a busy fest for me. Too much great music!)

Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:48 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

beach bob wrote:
Indeed. I tried to stay on the high road... and I knew I could count on others to, ummm... *not*

Hey baby, you're on a subliminal trip to nowhere. You better get your trip together before you step in here with us!

:ugeek:

(PS / Edit ~~ AWESOME to have finally met ya Nick, if only for that short five minutes! It was a busy fest for me. Too much great music!)

Yeah, you too. And Mikey. I snagged that spot last minute and only got this year as an option, but if I had to name the place, it would be "Camp Parking Spot." I realized quickly that I was being used, and loved every minute of it. A hand shake and having a 5 minute conversation with a ton of people as they finished their beer and headed off for better things to do was actually great. And each night at midnight the crowd was dead and camp calmed down. If I did own that site, I would upgrade it with lockers for people to bring their crap and leave it.

Mon May 01, 2017 11:27 am Profile
Wanee Wizard

nickyler wrote:
... If I did own that site, I would upgrade it with lockers for people to bring their crap and leave it.

Ooh, like Fyre Fest!

Or maybe something that's even better, and actually useful...
:P

Mon May 01, 2017 12:04 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

THANKS for letting us use your spot for parking! :lol:

beach bob wrote:
Ooh, like Fyre Fest!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Or maybe something that's even better, and actually useful...
:P

Yes, that fest was a disaster, but I think they were up front on their failure. And they learned.. and are not giving up!

source - https://www.fyrefestival.com/
Quote:
April 29, 2017

Yesterday was a very challenging day for all of us. But we would like to fully explain what happened.

Billy McFarland and Ja Rule started a partnership over a mutual interest in technology, the ocean, and rap music. This unique combination of interests led them to the idea that, through their combined passions, they could create a new type of music festival and experience on a remote island.

They simply weren’t ready for what happened next, or how big this thing would get. They started by making a website and launching a viral campaign. Ja helped book talent, and they had hundreds of local Bahamians join in the effort. Suddenly, they found themselves transforming a small island and trying to build a festival. Thousands of people wanted to come. They were excited, but then the roadblocks started popping up.

As amazing as the islands are, the infrastructure for a festival of this magnitude needed to be built from the ground up. So, we decided to literally attempt to build a city. We set up water and waste management, brought an ambulance from New York, and chartered 737 planes to shuttle our guests via 12 flights a day from Miami. We thought we were ready, but then everyone arrived.

The team was overwhelmed. The airport was jam packed. The buses couldn’t handle the load. And the wind from rough weather took down half of the tents on the morning our guests were scheduled to arrive. This is an unacceptable guest experience and the Fyre team takes full responsibility for the issues that occurred.

Everyone was very concerned for our guests. They needed a place to sleep and everyone did their absolute best to rebuild. We took everyone to the beach and built as many tents and beds as fast as possible, but as more guests arrived, we were simply in over our heads. Ultimately, we didn’t think security could keep up, so we had to postpone the festival. The response to the postponement was immediate and intense. We had no other options, so we began the process of getting guests quickly and safely back to Miami, which continued through the weekend. Our top priority as a company is to ensure the comfort and safe return home of all of our guests.

Then something amazing happened: venues, bands, and people started contacting us and said they’d do anything to make this festival a reality and how they wanted to help. The support from the musical community has been overwhelming and we couldn’t be more humbled or inspired by this experience. People were rooting for us after the worst day we’ve ever had as a company. After speaking with our potential partners, we have decided to add more seasoned event experts to the 2018 Fyre Festival, which will take place at a United States beach venue.

All festival goers this year will be refunded in full. We will be working on refunds over the next few days and will be in touch directly with guests with more details. Also, all guests from this year will have free VIP passes to next year’s festival.

Mon May 01, 2017 1:14 pm Profile
 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next