Last visit was: Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:05 pm It is currently Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:05 pm

[ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 I have seen the future of Wanee Festival! 
Wanee Wizard

Post Re: I have seen the future of Wanee Festival!
Marcus King? THE eleven AM payoff!! :mrgreen:

Man whatta set, and Marcus got a BIG crowd out to see him! The word is definitely out about him. What a treat to see him sitting in with all manner of Wanee bands. Very happy for his success, and so glad there are young guns out there with soul and grit and ability. :D

~~~~~~~~~

Ben Sparaco also knocked it out of the park. I hadn't seen him in over a year... there's been a real maturity of his music in that year. Very happy for him... such great progress since seeing him as just 'the kid on slide' a couple short years ago with Crazy Fingers.

All the best to these bright young talents. Does my crusty ol' cynical heart good to see it.
:ugeek:

Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:58 pm Profile
Wanee Gnome

Agree with Bob wholeheartedly. Between Marcus King and Ben Sparaco, our music is in good hands. Gotta think Warren will be with us quite a while longer, and that Derek and Susan will eventually be lured back to the Suwanee River, too.

Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:35 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

beach bob wrote:
Marcus King? THE eleven AM payoff!! :mrgreen:

Man whatta set, and Marcus got a BIG crowd out to see him! The word is definitely out about him. What a treat to see him sitting in with all manner of Wanee bands. Very happy for his success, and so glad there are young guns out there with soul and grit and ability. :D

~~~~~~~~~

Ben Sparaco also knocked it out of the park. I hadn't seen him in over a year... there's been a real maturity of his music in that year. Very happy for him... such great progress since seeing him as just 'the kid on slide' a couple short years ago with Crazy Fingers.

All the best to these bright young talents. Does my crusty ol' cynical heart good to see it.
:ugeek:

Agree, especially Marcus! Will see him again at Lockn' late this summer. Good to see you over at Mushroom, Bob!

I dunno, not sure what to think about the future of Wanee. With the ABB influence fairly well gone now, what will the direction/feel be going forward? Admit I am not a huge WSMFP or ex-Dead member bands fan. Two sets by TTB would go a long way to keeping my interest, though Derek seems reluctant to return- at all.
Honestly I am starting to feel a similar disinterest for most good-sized camping music fest lineups (primarily headliners), which is a crying shame since I love camping music fests...

Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:35 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

ohio wrote:
Good to see you over at Mushroom, Bob!

Heck yeah, great to see you too!
8-) 8-) 8-)

Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:03 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

The Trucks/ Tedeschi band would be ok by me.... and the new flavor found this 2017 could be a Wanee future!!! Long live WANEE !!

Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:13 pm Profile
Wanee Mushroom

Yeah, Tedeschi Trucks Band could definitely help carry the fest. Hate they weren't on the schedule this year!

Could use some late night Lettuce as well

Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:32 pm Profile
ϟϟ Wanee Demi-Goddess ϟϟ

[color=#BF00BF]Ok, I'm going to just say it. Marcus King is very very talented, BUT he's just so stinking cute with that baby face and those cheeks! I think I'm turning into my grandma (who ran a pub by the way).[/color]

Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:57 am Profile
Wanee Wizard

AndieBee wrote:
[color=#BF00BF]Ok, I'm going to just say it. Marcus King is very very talented, BUT he's just so stinking cute with that baby face and those cheeks! I think I'm turning into my grandma (who ran a pub by the way).[/color]

:? uh-oh. AndieBee has hit the "cheek-squeezing" age. :shock:

That said, I've recently reached the age where I see a cute, young musician and think "oooh, my 12 year old daughter would looove him." :oops:

Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:08 am Profile
Wanee Wizard

You ladies simmer down now!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:26 am Profile
Wanee Wizard

I was down at the Marcus King 11 am set and I look over my shoulder and Charlie Starr was down there as a spectator as well. Just chillin under the oaks and swinging his kid in a hammock. That's when you know you're good. When other badass people show up in the crowd.

Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:35 pm Profile
 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next