Last visit was: Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:10 pm It is currently Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:10 pm

[ 4 posts ] 
 Bikes at Wanee 
Wanee Gnome

Post Bikes at Wanee
Any one ever bring bikes to get around the park? I'm not arriving until Thursday morning and I'm afraid I'm going to have a good hike back and forth from the stages. Any one know if it's cool to lock up bikes close to the festival entrance where they'll be safe? Any one have any experience with this?

Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:38 am Profile
Wanee Gnome

Post Re: Bikes at Wanee
You can bring a bike, and you SHOULD! It's a great way to get around the park, and you can lock them up anywhere outside of the main venue area. I've never had a problem.

Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:56 am Profile
Wanee Fan

Bikes are cool. I lock mine up, but my buddy doesn't. He's never had a problem.
;)

Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:57 pm Profile
Wanee Pro

We usually bring bikes when we go to SoS for any of the festivals; certainly makes for a faster/easier trip if you end up camped a bit from the main area (we typically camp in Hidden Woods, down River Road across from the Great Hall).

We bring locks, although sometimes don't even actually lock them up - just wrap the cable or chain around in a way that it appears to be locked (my feeling is that, in general, bike swipers aren't stealing them to keep, but they might get taken by a wook who just rides it back to near his campsite & ditches it).
You can easily lock them to the chainlink fence around the stage area, or to the split rail fencing near the store, or to a tree/sturdy bush. As an alternative, if you are with someone, you can just lock the two bikes together, running the cable through the back tire & around frame of each bike. That way nobody can ride off with one or just roll it away, since the lock keeps the back wheels from moving.

Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:22 am Profile
 [ 4 posts ]