Last visit was: Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:14 pm It is currently Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:14 pm

[ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Late Arrival with an RV Advice 
Wanee Gnome

Post Late Arrival with an RV Advice
Hi all, this is our first year and we are hoping to bring an RV. Unfortunately do not have a spot reserved and cannot make it until Thursday night. Will we have trouble getting a spot so late? Any thoughts are appreciated!

Sun Mar 26, 2017 1:30 pm Profile
ϟ ϟ Wanee Demi-God ϟ ϟ

Post Re: Late Arrival with an RV Advice
A reserved spot ...almost unthinkable....
a primitive spot....boundless....
It is all a matter of what your reality is. And rv without W&E is possible in many areas.....if you use a generator....there are spots available for that....

If you need W&E....you will need to pick up a site from someone that can't go and willing to sell their site......for over $400 up to $500 .....

It is up to you to find a spot that is suitable......in primitive....there are many.

Where are you coming from? What time do you expect to get there?

Sun Mar 26, 2017 4:54 pm Profile
ϟϟ Wanee Demi-Goddess ϟϟ

Unfortunately, your choices of camping are going to be VERY limited come Thursday night, even more so if you'll be running a generator. Do you have friends arriving earlier who could save you some space?

Sun Mar 26, 2017 4:55 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

in 2012 they put the late rvs in the back behind the kids park. plenty of room over there i would not worry ;) its really a nice area in fact

Sun Mar 26, 2017 5:45 pm Profile
Wanee Gnome

Thanks so much for the replies. I have been looking to buy a W&E spot from someone with no luck. Would we still be able to get to it Thursday night and set up if I'm able to find one? Coming from Sarasota/Bradenton area. Leaving after 5pm.

I'm a student with a class I cannot miss that Thursday :( if I'm unable to buy a reserved spot we were hoping to run the generator in primitive but as was stated, we're worried about camping being extremely limited by Thursday night. Thanks again :)

Sun Mar 26, 2017 5:47 pm Profile
ϟ ϟ Wanee Demi-God ϟ ϟ

You really have to be diligent to find a site now.....they are still available from time to time....but it is a never ending search to be the first in line for one ....even when they appear. If you want one....don't give up. Someone said the park had opened up some new sites for sale....try the park.
There are areas for generator camping.....find those locations.....and camp there if using one. Generators are not welcome in most primitive areas.
Good luck and good music...
Feel free to ask any more questions....someone will know the answer and give it to you straight....

Sun Mar 26, 2017 6:08 pm Profile
Wanee Gnome

I have a site on the edge of a primitive camping area, i think. site 40 in Spook Trail Camp. It is an end spot. I will be arriving with my RV on the Sunday prior to Wanee. Sarasota isn't that far. Perhaps you could get a friend to follow you up the weekend prior and leave your RV. I would be happy to keep an eye on it til you return on Thurs. Just a thought.

Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:24 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

2012 they made a special generator area in section E and F. hey this is going to be fun

Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:45 am Profile
Wanee Wizard

leahdalym wrote:
Thanks so much for the replies. I have been looking to buy a W&E spot from someone with no luck. Would we still be able to get to it Thursday night and set up if I'm able to find one? Coming from Sarasota/Bradenton area. Leaving after 5pm.

I'm a student with a class I cannot miss that Thursday :( if I'm unable to buy a reserved spot we were hoping to run the generator in primitive but as was stated, we're worried about camping being extremely limited by Thursday night. Thanks again :)

You WILL ABSOLUTELY WITHOUT A DOUBT BE ABLE TO FIND A PLACE TO CAMP ON THURSDAY, FRIDAY, OR Even SATURDAY. Let's make that perfectly clear. It just may be a bit further of a walk than you may want. It is first come first served, and if they can camp all those people at Hula they can damn sure make wanee happen. Bring a bike. Or comfy shoes.

Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:33 am Profile
Wanee Gnome

I have a full W&E 50 amp plus sewer RV site avail, music hall BMG offering at cost $425.

Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:03 pm Profile
 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next