Last visit was: Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:52 am It is currently Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:52 am

[ 10 posts ] 
 Need some advice 
Wanee Gnome

Post Need some advice
Hello all! I need some advice. I attended Wanee once before back in 2008 by myself and had a blast. I was able to camp in a shady wooded area just a short walk from the mushroom stage I believe, the one like a small Amphitheater. This year I'm taking my father who is 72 with me and am really hoping to find a decent spot for him to camp with. Short walk to and from the shows. We're pretty minimalist when it comes to camping. A small tent to share in case of foul weather and each of us will have hammocks to hang. Other than that, a couple camp chairs and a cooler or two. Please, any advice on what location would be a good place to look for nice spot to hang the hammocks would be much appreciated. We're most likely going to arrive very early Thursday morning. Any thoughts? Thanks!

Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:04 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

Post Re: Need some advice
It will be pretty packed Thursday morning. My advice would be to do a few laps. Drive around and see where everything is. Then pick a spot.

Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:55 pm Profile
Wanee Mushroom

Generally, the place will be pretty packed by the time you arrive. The farther down River Road you go, the more and varied spots there will be. That increases the walk, though.

I wish I could offer more, but it's a bit of a crap shoot until you get there. Even if you are down River Road, there is a fair amount of gold cart traffic that you may be able to capitalize on.

Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:17 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

Try to camp near / behind the General Store, around the disc golf course. There's some new cabins East of that area, and if you can tuck in around/nearby, your walks shouldn't be too bad...

Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:24 pm Profile
Wanee Gnome

Thanks everyone! Do you think if I arrived Wednesday evening, It would be much better?

Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:04 pm Profile
Wanee Peach

It would be better for sure. How much...who's to say?

Have you considered renting a golf cart?

Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:58 pm Profile
Wanee Gnome

Do they rent golf carts at the park? I hadn't considered that.

Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:45 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

ShaunW wrote:
Do they rent golf carts at the park? I hadn't considered that.

Yes, but theyre probably sold out at this point and it is most likely too late to secure one from an offsite vendor. bring a bike though

Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:32 am Profile
Wanee Gnome

Thanks! Yeah I'm going to definitely try to bring a bike. Just hope there's plenty of spots to lock it up to without worrying about it.

Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:45 am Profile
Wanee Wizard

pm'ed you

Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:47 am Profile
 [ 10 posts ]