Last visit was: Thu Jul 19, 2018 5:21 pm It is currently Thu Jul 19, 2018 5:21 pm

[ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Baffled Wanee Freshman - Haze away 
Wanee Gnome

Post Baffled Wanee Freshman - Haze away
Greetings All,

I'm making my first Wanee pilgrimage in a few weeks and it can't get here soon enough. We have 8-10 people in our crew arriving in 2-3 cars on Wednesday around noon, all with GA camping tix. I used to think I was a festival veteran but after perusing these forums and studying the map my brain is beer battered and deep fried.

-Can we park our vehicles at our campsite? Can vehicles access the brown roads on the park map?

-I keep seeing references to "reserved sites". I understand you can reserve a cabin or an RV space and this does not apply to us. Can you reserve a primitive campsite?

Thanks for your help!

Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:54 am Profile
Wanee Pro

Post Re: Baffled Wanee Freshman - Haze away
Primitive sites are not reserved...they are not a specific size and no hookups. You can reserve sites for RV or tent. Yes, you can park where you camp. I believe the only road shutdown once the music starts is the road that goes between the two stages.
Hope this helps!!

Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:04 pm Profile
Wanee Pro

Oh, and Welcome to Wanee!!!

Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:05 pm Profile
Wanee Gnome

Camping spot selection is basically a "free for all" in comparison to other Fest setups!! There's no place like Wanee!

Fri Apr 07, 2017 2:15 pm Profile
Wanee Mushroom

Ghost dont overthink it...
Just follow the line of cars in through the maze of dirt roads and find a spot. If there are a few of you, make sure you go together otherwise youll never find each other. It will be fun!

Fri Apr 07, 2017 2:39 pm Profile WWW
Wanee Lover

Welcome to WANEE !!! Wednesday noonish is great, plenty of primitive camping to find your spot-spots. Stay together and maybe do one test run to get familiar with the park, then park and set up! The Wednesday lineup (as the whole fest) will be awesome, I know I won't miss a beat!!! Again welcome WANEE WANEE WANEE

Fri Apr 07, 2017 3:56 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

Thejainhand wrote:
If there are a few of you, make sure you go together otherwise you'll never find each other.

This!

If y'all aren't in a caravan, DO meet up at the ticketing gate area, so y'all roll into the park together. Or meet at some other spot off-site, so you're rolling in together.

Be aware that some peeps claim similar spots in primitive / GA camping year-to-year, so you might see tape or rope marking primitive areas for late arrivals. It's not strictly 'by the book', but it's done... I'd respect such markings, since there's lots of camp room.

BTW, any (ANY!) marked and numbered area is a RESERVED spot, and you WILL be asked to move if you squat. So save yourself later hassle. Make friends with your neighbors, and be a good neighbor, and all will be well.

Welcome and do enjoy! :mrgreen:

Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:05 pm Profile
Wanee Gnome

Great information! Thanks for all the responses. Luckily most of my team will be arriving together on Wednesday.

It seems like it's pretty easy to get disoriented/lost in the park. I'm guessing that dropped pins are not effective? Is cellular service reliable in the area?

Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:06 pm Profile
Wanee Gnome

beach bob wrote:
Thejainhand wrote:
If there are a few of you, make sure you go together otherwise you'll never find each other.

This!

If y'all aren't in a caravan, DO meet up at the ticketing gate area, so y'all roll into the park together. Or meet at some other spot off-site, so you're rolling in together.

Be aware that some peeps claim similar spots in primitive / GA camping year-to-year, so you might see tape or rope marking primitive areas for late arrivals. It's not strictly 'by the book', but it's done... I'd respect such markings, since there's lots of camp room.

BTW, any (ANY!) marked and numbered area is a RESERVED spot, and you WILL be asked to move if you squat. So save yourself later hassle. Make friends with your neighbors, and be a good neighbor, and all will be well.

Welcome and do enjoy! :mrgreen:

HIGHLY USEFUL information. This should be posted on the main page. Again, thanks.

Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:07 pm Profile
♫♫ Wanee Master ♫♫

Flashlights

"Remember: music is a religion. You have to pray every day."
-- Jose' Luis "Cheo" Pardo, Los Amigos Invisibles

Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:29 am Profile
 [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next