Last visit was: Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:55 pm It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:55 pm

[ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Big Mike's Mushroom Soup 
ϟ ϟ Wanee Demi-God ϟ ϟ

Post Re: Big Mike's Mushroom Soup
Great story Mike.....
always love the personal stories by Waneeites......they all have a special meaning.
And it brought tears to my eyes once again.......hearing and thinking about Butch. He was so special to so many of us.
I got there just after they got off the stage.....just in time to buy a book and get it signed......wish I gotten away from camp a little earlier....

Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:20 am Profile
Wanee Wizard

BigMike wrote:
April 11,2014 - 11-11:30 a.m Galadrielle Allman, was the greatest moment on The Mushroom Stage. Galadrielle Allman, Bert Holman (ABB Manager), Alan Paul, were set up to discuss her book (Please Be with Me: A Song for My Father, Duane Allman) shortly after the discussion started Butch Trucks showed up and we scrambled to get him up on stage to join in, I take a look and here comes Gregg walking from behind the stage I sneak him into side stage and he is listing in for a few minutes and he says "Big Mike grab me a microphone", so I get Gregg set up and in on the conversation (there was not a dry eye in the 100 or so people we had out front I might add) Gregg says “the rumors are not true. This is not the end of the Allman Brothers Band” and some great conversation/stories Gregg was talking about his brother Duane, those 100 people got got it from the man himself. So this is the most heartfelt moment ever on The Mushroom Stage and to Only about 100 people or so witnessed this Magic.

I was there!!!

Being a writer-girl, I was NOT going to miss Galadrielle's reading. EVERYBODY rolled their eyes and laughed when I asked if they were going (including, ahem, many people here :? ;) :lol: ). I remember walking back to my campsite (ON A CLOUD!! :shock: ) and arriving just as my campmates were starting to roll out of bed. I greeted them all with "So...do you want to hear about the reading??? ;) ......"

Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:35 am Profile
Wanee Wizard

BigMike wrote:
Butch Trucks always showed up in the morning and gave his son Valor and The Yeti Trio support Last year Butch went out front of the stage and watched the band play with about 200 people in the audience standing around him, this was a very special moment. I am really going to have a hard time this year without Butch messing with me in the morning and will miss him as The Yeti Trio takes the stage to start the day off. I will have an empty chair set on the side of The Mushroom Stage in Remembrance of Brother Butch. Rose Hill Drive and "Fairies Wear Boots Black Sabbath cover" to start the morning off, They blew me away and once again very few in attendance.

I was there too. :D

My favorite part was that, when he was in the audience, he spent the whole time with his arms around his grandkids, and between songs he'd shout things like "That's my boy!!!"

Dammit, I'm going to miss him. :cry:

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:50 am Profile
Wanee Veteran

Thanks for the reply and insight Mike.

Yes the Galadrielle interview was an all time highlight. Did not realize Butch & Gregg were not planned. Makes it all the more special.

My favorite Butch morning siting was when Vaylor was playing with Bonobos Convergence and his daughter (Butch's granddaughter), Aster, joined him on stage. Butch was beaming from the side of the stage.

Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:25 pm Profile
Wanee Peach

Safe Travels all see you soon

The aim of human life is to know thyself. Think for yourself. Question authority. Think with your friends. Create, create new realities. Philosophy is a team sport. Philosophy is the ultimate, the ultimate aphrodisiac pleasure. Learning how to operate your brain, learning how to operate your mind, learning how to redesign chaos.

Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:47 am Profile
♫♫ Wanee Master ♫♫

Here was the story Big Mike shared with us, including many of the remarks he made in this thread:

http://www.musicfestnews.com/2017/04/05 ... st-wanee2/

"Remember: music is a religion. You have to pray every day."
-- Jose' Luis "Cheo" Pardo, Los Amigos Invisibles

Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:45 pm Profile
Wanee Gnome

Big Mike! It would not be Wanee without you - thanks so much for what you do !!

Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:36 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

Who needs a sip of Mushroom Tea?

https://archive.org/details/BigMikeApresBrers_20170521

Wow. :D

Fri May 12, 2017 8:46 pm Profile
♫♫ Wanee Master ♫♫

frenchiejess wrote:
BigMike wrote:
April 11,2014 - 11-11:30 a.m Galadrielle Allman, was the greatest moment on The Mushroom Stage. Galadrielle Allman, Bert Holman (ABB Manager), Alan Paul, were set up to discuss her book (Please Be with Me: A Song for My Father, Duane Allman) shortly after the discussion started Butch Trucks showed up and we scrambled to get him up on stage to join in, I take a look and here comes Gregg walking from behind the stage I sneak him into side stage and he is listing in for a few minutes and he says "Big Mike grab me a microphone", so I get Gregg set up and in on the conversation (there was not a dry eye in the 100 or so people we had out front I might add) Gregg says “the rumors are not true. This is not the end of the Allman Brothers Band” and some great conversation/stories Gregg was talking about his brother Duane, those 100 people got got it from the man himself. So this is the most heartfelt moment ever on The Mushroom Stage and to Only about 100 people or so witnessed this Magic.

I was there!!!

Being a writer-girl, I was NOT going to miss Galadrielle's reading. EVERYBODY rolled their eyes and laughed when I asked if they were going (including, ahem, many people here :? ;) :lol: ). I remember walking back to my campsite (ON A CLOUD!! :shock: ) and arriving just as my campmates were starting to roll out of bed. I greeted them all with "So...do you want to hear about the reading??? ;) ......"

I met her at Mountain Jam, same setup. It was interesting, listening to her read and then talk about it.

Sat May 13, 2017 7:39 pm Profile
Wanee Peach

BigMike wrote:
Here we go Who is ready for some Wanee 2017?

Making a place for you to reach Me here.

Hi Mike,

Are you the guy around 5 pm Saturday that was intruded on lol by myself and my girlfriend looking for a lighter?
Eric

Tue May 23, 2017 10:19 pm Profile WWW
 [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next