Last visit was: Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:05 pm It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:05 pm

[ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Big Mike's Mushroom Soup 
Wanee Peach

Post Re: Big Mike's Mushroom Soup
eric wrote:
Hi Mike! Lovin the mushroom stage. What are the rules about Hammocks this year?

Well I am not sure, I would expect they will have an designated area for them as usual. They have to keep space open for everyone to have some room for the Midnight Set. The Mushroom Stage Midnight Set gets pretty packed.

The aim of human life is to know thyself. Think for yourself. Question authority. Think with your friends. Create, create new realities. Philosophy is a team sport. Philosophy is the ultimate, the ultimate aphrodisiac pleasure. Learning how to operate your brain, learning how to operate your mind, learning how to redesign chaos.

Sun Mar 26, 2017 11:22 am Profile
Wanee Lover

Thanks for the reply mike, I will take it as it comes when I am there. I know about the Sunday shows----- this will be my 8th!!!

Sun Mar 26, 2017 11:38 am Profile
Wanee Peach

handsNfeetRmangos wrote:
Big Mike, I think I know that guy! Quick question, how did you get the job of announcing/curating the Mushroom stage? Seems like a pretty good gig!

I have worked every Wanee on The Mushroom Stage. For the fist 8 years I was the Monitor Engineer (soundman for the stage/Artists).
We received a new production company and I pretty much lost my spot side stage (politics). The festival producers took a liking to me and decided to make me The Stage Manager. I am from the last class of the Old School Roadies and learned the ways of my mentors (Bill Graham - Wavy Gravy - Edward Herbert Beresford "Chip" Monck). You just can't throw a performer up on stage without some kind of intro, it's not fair for the Artist or the Fans.
At first I was not cool with talking on the mic and pretty shy about it. In this industry you have to adapt in order to survive and that is what I did. I was getting the hang of speaking to the audience and one night after the final band played magic happened. Some of you all might remember I came out and said "That is all" and was hammered by booing 10,000 strong, I was shocked and frozen in place, I made eye contact with someone in the crowd and it all clicked I shook my head and said,"Wait a minute whoa whoa What the hell are you all booing me for - You are just gonna go back to your campsites and party all night anyway - Now get outa here and we will see you all in the morning" everyone cheers, the rest is now history.
I have always received joy by looking out into the crowd from the side stage and knowing people are "here and now", without concerns of how an I gonna pay my rent, oh my job sucks, or any other negative aspect of life. This is what it's all about, Much Love to everyone who takes the time to reward themselves with Live Music. Thank you Wanee Fans for the love and support you have given me. Waaannnnnnnneeeeeeeeee!

The aim of human life is to know thyself. Think for yourself. Question authority. Think with your friends. Create, create new realities. Philosophy is a team sport. Philosophy is the ultimate, the ultimate aphrodisiac pleasure. Learning how to operate your brain, learning how to operate your mind, learning how to redesign chaos.

Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:14 pm Profile
Wanee Peach

Hi back at ya! Much Love and I can't wait to see you all.

Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:18 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

:D :D :D

Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:34 pm Profile
ϟ ϟ Wanee Demi-God ϟ ϟ

And you are an inspiration Mike.....keep the music flowing....

Sun Mar 26, 2017 1:16 pm Profile
Wanee Mushroom

Jensen B Gator wrote:
I love soup

I love mushrooms!!

So, bring on the darkness, tonite is gonna be our friend. Bring on the crowd, were all family in the end. Bring on the smoke and mirrors, spread a little love across the night. And bring on the music, everything's gonna be alright.

Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:33 am Profile
Wanee Wizard

WaNoobie wrote:
Jensen B Gator wrote:
I love soup

I love mushrooms!!

beat me to it :shock: :D

Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:07 am Profile
Wanee Wizard

BigMike wrote:
At first I was not cool with talking on the mic and pretty shy about it.

This....sort of blows my mind. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:33 am Profile
ϟϟ Wanee Demi-Goddess ϟϟ

frenchiejess wrote:
BigMike wrote:
At first I was not cool with talking on the mic and pretty shy about it.

This....sort of blows my mind. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I thought that too. It's like you were born to do it. It wouldn't be the same without you, Big Mike.

Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:35 am Profile
 [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next