Last visit was: Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:31 pm It is currently Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:31 pm

[ 64 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Love to all.... 
ϟ ϟ Wanee Demi-God ϟ ϟ

Post Love to all....
I first came to Wanee in '11, I think it was. I knew no one and nothing of the park. I only knew that I loved the Allman Brothers and had since the late 60's. I was not up to the Jam Band scene...and knew or ever heard of most of the bands. I had been a music lover all the way back to listening to the radio....first with the Grand Ole Opry with my parents....and on through transistor radios blasting tunes in my ears at night.
The Beatles left a big impression on me when they first came to America....and I was really hooked on R&R, Blues and virtually all kinds of music since. From the British Invasion....I was totally hooked.
I first saw ABB when they were playing free concerts trying to get attention and have seen them numerous times over the years....through many of their makeover band members.
I had been to festivals before...but mostly a go and watch/go to hotel or someone's house affair.
Wanee, that first year really opened my eyes.....I met like minded folks....and camped with total strangers that have become long time friends. My first trip...I met Tony and asked if I could camp with him....he took me in...showed me around and really took me under his wings. We cooked together, listened to music together and have become long time friends. We still camp together at many of the different festies at SOSMP.
I came on the forum and asked many of the same inane questions that all newbies have posted from time to time.
My first trip to the M&G....I knew no one....I carried some food, left it and did not interact with anyone. I was too shy and reticent. Maybe the next year, I also carried food......and sat way outside the circle...and Waneelover came out and talked to me for a good long time. Slowly, I came out of my shell a little. I still carry food to the M&G but don't stay long enough to meet anyone. It is all my fault, I know.
Over the years I have seen a lot and done a lot at Wanee....and I could never ask for better friends than many of those that I have met there.
I made a comment on the forum one time...and most everyone attacked my position.......................all except AndieBee....and she stood up for me....I have loved her every since. More today than yesterday....
I can't name all the friends I have met and loved....
I could write a chapter....but won't bore any of you anymore. I just want it known I love all of you and consider you my true Brothers and Sisters.
Love
Rivernole

Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:40 pm Profile
ϟ ϟ Wanee Demi-God ϟ ϟ

Post Re: Love to all....
:D :D :D
Love you my Brother see you soon 8-)

nice first post as a GOD...

Oh Gator country

A little bit of that chomp chomp

Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:16 pm Profile
ϟϟ Wanee Demi-Goddess ϟϟ

Congrats Mr DemiGod! What a nice10,000th post. Love back to you. One of the most beautiful things about Wanee is to see you wandering around early morning on one of your strolls, walking Styx in hand. It reminds me that it is a wonderful place after all - the music is just gravy on op of everything else. I am so happy that you are a part of it. Smiles til next month.

Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:23 am Profile
Wanee Lover

What a beautiful and heartfelt post. Thank you for your sincere words and love. Big hugs again this year

WANEE WANEE WANEE

Sat Mar 18, 2017 3:41 am Profile
Wanee Wizard

A post worthy of a bow. Love is my religion. :D :D :D

Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:19 am Profile
Wanee Wizard

Excellent post, my Wanee brother.
Congrats on your newly elevated status as a Wanee deity. ;)
Your kind and genuine helpfulness on this forum is a fine example for all of us to follow in our everyday lives and I am fortunate to be able to call my friend.

Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:38 am Profile
Site Admin

So proud and glad that you are part of the family brother.

Rivernole wrote:
I first came to Wanee in '11, I think it was. I knew no one and nothing of the park. I only knew that I loved the Allman Brothers and had since the late 60's. I was not up to the Jam Band scene...and knew or ever heard of most of the bands. I had been a music lover all the way back to listening to the radio....first with the Grand Ole Opry with my parents....and on through transistor radios blasting tunes in my ears at night.
The Beatles left a big impression on me when they first came to America....and I was really hooked on R&R, Blues and virtually all kinds of music since. From the British Invasion....I was totally hooked.
I first saw ABB when they were playing free concerts trying to get attention and have seen them numerous times over the years....through many of their makeover band members.
I had been to festivals before...but mostly a go and watch/go to hotel or someone's house affair.
Wanee, that first year really opened my eyes.....I met like minded folks....and camped with total strangers that have become long time friends. My first trip...I met Tony and asked if I could camp with him....he took me in...showed me around and really took me under his wings. We cooked together, listened to music together and have become long time friends. We still camp together at many of the different festies at SOSMP.
I came on the forum and asked many of the same inane questions that all newbies have posted from time to time.
My first trip to the M&G....I knew no one....I carried some food, left it and did not interact with anyone. I was too shy and reticent. Maybe the next year, I also carried food......and sat way outside the circle...and Waneelover came out and talked to me for a good long time. Slowly, I came out of my shell a little. I still carry food to the M&G but don't stay long enough to meet anyone. It is all my fault, I know.
Over the years I have seen a lot and done a lot at Wanee....and I could never ask for better friends than many of those that I have met there.
I made a comment on the forum one time...and most everyone attacked my position.......................all except AndieBee....and she stood up for me....I have loved her every since. More today than yesterday....
I can't name all the friends I have met and loved....
I could write a chapter....but won't bore any of you anymore. I just want it known I love all of you and consider you my true Brothers and Sisters.
Love
Rivernole

What is your listening pleasure today? Find it at
AccuRadio

Deep Nuggets on Tunein Radio - Deep Nugs

And don't forget Deep Jams Radio on Tunein- Deep Jams

Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:17 am Profile
Wanee Wizard

Awesome. Brought Pattie and I both to tears.

Honor knowing you.

See you at WANEE!!! :D

Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:58 am Profile
Wanee Lover

Nole, this will be my first M&G after going to Wanee since 2010, and I hope you are there when I am. If not I am at 279 River Road. You seem to be good people,really like to meet you.

Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:16 am Profile
♫♫ Wanee Master ♫♫

See you soon brother...

Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:58 am Profile
 [ 64 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next