Last visit was: Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:26 pm It is currently Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:26 pm

[ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Phish Baker's Dozen - MSG Residency 
Wanee Lover

Post Re: Phish Baker's Dozen - MSG Residency
Rivernole wrote:
Not the same as having Phish at Wanee.....but Trey and most of the band members played at SOSMP one year....in separate bands. Not sure why they did not join together for a few songs....
Actually, I think they played at MagFest rather than Wanee.

Trey has performed at Wanee at least a couple of times. I've seen Mike Gordon at SoSMP too, I think Bear Creek maybe? It was def on the Amphitheater stage and quite some time ago. The mind is failing me.

I don't remember them ever both playing SoSMP at the same time. I also don't remember Page or Fishman ever playing there, but that doesn't mean they never have. Again with that memory failing thing.

Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:38 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

If Mike Gordon has played SOSMP, it would have been Bear Creek I think. Or, Wanee pre-2012.

The baffler in the they're-mostly-all-here-so-why-aren't-these-guys-playing-Wanee, would be Hard Working Americans...Dave Schools, Neal Casal, and Duane Trucks have all been at Wanee at the same time, at least twice that I recall, and yet Hard Working Americans haven't been put on the roster.

It's almost like Todd Snider isn't welcome to the Wanee family. Which is not beyond possibility. He's pissed people off in the industry before.

All of which has NOTHING to do with Phish! :lol:

I digress!

I hear ya Mango, I really should give those Phishy guys another shot. Bands do grow and evolve...

Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:02 am Profile
ϟ ϟ Wanee Demi-God ϟ ϟ

Here is what I think.....but not certain....
Trey and Jennifer Hartswick played Bear Creek....possibly 2011 or 12. Seems like Jennifer played with a couple other bands that year as well.
And at the same time Gordon played with another band.
Yes. Jennifer played for a while with Phish...and with TAB.
Seems like Fishman played with somebody that year......again Feet don't fail me now....or is that Mind don't fail me now.
I will go with the latter.

Another thing...bbob...
one year Bobby and Phil played at Wanee...
The same year Bill Kreutzmann played Wanee
And Mickey Hart Played Wanee....
yet they never played together that year.
Were they speaking at the time...I dunno.
Yet, they all did play together later. Don't even ask me the year!
2012?

Bill played with Papi Mali....Seven Walkers
and Mickey played as the Mickey Hart Band...............iffen I 'member that far back....

Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:12 am Profile
Wanee Wizard

beach bob wrote:

It's almost like Todd Snider isn't welcome to the Wanee family. Which is not beyond possibility. He's pissed people off in the industry before.

TODD SNIDER RULES!!

That is all.

Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:29 am Profile
Wanee Lover

Jennifer Hartswick has never been a member of Phish. She may have guested in the past, but never consistent/regularly. Phish has been the 4 main members, and no one else. It has been that way since the beginning. Well maybe not the very beginning, but at least since the late 80s/since the time they started performing consistently as a band. Jennifer has been with TAB for a long time, although there have been several versions of TAB throughout the years she has been a staple of the current TAB which is the one most people regconize as TAB.

I’ll do some research on the Gordon at SoSMP and get back to y’all

Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:20 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Ok I did some quick digging and this is what I found:

Fishman:
-co-headlined Bear Creek 2008 leading the Everyone Orchestra (which also featured Michael Kang, Krasno, and others.....sicko)

Mike Gordon:
-Wanee 2011 with his band
-Hula 2017 with his band; also sat in with Benevento Russo Duo that year

Trey:
-Bear Creek 2011 w/ TAB
-Wanee 2014 w/ TAB; also sat in with ABB
-Wanee 2017 w/ TAB; also sat in with Bobby Weir

I couldn't find any Page McConnell appearances at SoSMP. Lets make it happen NYE 2019!

So from my research it looks like, although they were close, two members of the band were never at the SoSMP at the same time/festival.

#PhishSoSMusicParkNYE2019 ; lets start the grass roots movement!

Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:09 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

Rivernole wrote:
Another thing...bbob...
one year Bobby and Phil played at Wanee...
The same year Bill Kreutzmann played Wanee
And Mickey Hart Played Wanee....
yet they never played together that year.
Were they speaking at the time...I dunno.
Yet, they all did play together later. Don't even ask me the year!
2012?

Bill played with Papi Mali....Seven Walkers
and Mickey played as the Mickey Hart Band...............iffen I 'member that far back....

My research sez:

Bobby and Phil played at Wanee in 2012 as part of the Further band.

Mickey Hart also played the 2012 Wanee with his band. Mickey did not step up to play with Further that weekend.

However, my schedule does not have Bill Kreutzmann at Wanee 2012. Further was the reason we started going to Wanee in 2012, so I think I would have made a mental note of that, and hoped that Bill (& Mickey) would step up with Further... but Bill didn't, cuz he wasn't there.

Bill has been to SOSMP, Seven Walkers played a MagFest or two, possibly even Wanee earlier than 2012... I don't have info on the earlier Wanees at my fingertips.

And all four of the OG Grateful Dead (Bobby, Phil, Bill, and Mickey) reunited for the Fare Thee Well gigs in Chicago and Santa Clara, CA, in 2015. That Trey fellow played guitar on those gigs, and also Bruce Hornsby and Jeff Chimenti on piano and keys, respectively.

Bottom line is, I don't think all four surviving members of the Grateful Dead have been booked for the same Wanee.

Close, but have a cigar.
Or, eat a bunch of peaches. :mrgreen:

Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:17 pm Profile
ϟ ϟ Wanee Demi-God ϟ ϟ

I told you guys ....when you get 80 years old...it is not your memory that goes first...but it is a close second.
So....
Bill played 2011 which is correct according to my books.

Further with Bob and Phil played 2012
as did Mickey Hart
and Bruce Hornsby (who played with the Grateful Dead for a while....1990-1992 playing over 100 shows with them).
I don't know why Bill could not wait around for a whole year to play with them....do you?

I can tell you this
Bobby Lee Rogers was there both years!
Not that that matters in any way.

:D :D

Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:42 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

Back in 2000, The Other Ones played SOSMP... while Hornsby was with them, Phil was not. I don't remember who sat in on bass though. The memory banks are somewhat foggy. 8-)

Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:40 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

I could have sworn that Seven Walkers was at Wanee 2012, but I fact checked and it turns out they were at Wanee 2011.

(Side note I remember walking to their show, watching about ten min and being like, Nah, not for me).

In a somewhat embarrassing admission Furher at Wanee 2012 is actually what got me into the Grateful Dead! I had been listening to jam band music for over a decade at that point: had been to close to 20 Phish shows, double digit moe, probably double digit Keller and many many numerous other jam bands shows but just couldn’t get into the Dead. Well once the lineup was announced I decided I was going to make a conscious effort to listen to a significant amount of GD between then and Wanee. I put the Phish and Cheese and moe recordings in the shelf and focused on the Dead; and I loved what I heard. Not at first, but the more I listened the more I dug them. I fairly quickly became obsessed and had a probably close to 2 year period of listening almost exclusively to the Grateful Dead. I’ve since re-diversified and am back to listening to Phish the most, but GD remains number two in terms of my most played. And I have Futhur at Wanee to thank for that.

PS I loved those shows at Wanee that year.

Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:05 pm Profile
 [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next