Last visit was: Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:25 pm It is currently Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:25 pm

[ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Phish Baker's Dozen - MSG Residency 
Wanee Fan

Post Re: Phish Baker's Dozen - MSG Residency
handsNfeetRmangos wrote:
As amazing as that would be, it will not happen. I hate to say it, but Phish is too big for Wanee. They do their own festival, in which they are the sole band, nearly every year and I've never been but I'm fairly certain it outsells Wanee significantly.
While earlier Phish festivals had 70 or 80 thousand attendees, the last few have only been 30 to 40 thousand... Hulaween is in that ballpark. Let's start a petition! 8-)

Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:48 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

ArmeDane wrote:
handsNfeetRmangos wrote:
As amazing as that would be, it will not happen. I hate to say it, but Phish is too big for Wanee. They do their own festival, in which they are the sole band, nearly every year and I've never been but I'm fairly certain it outsells Wanee significantly.
While earlier Phish festivals had 70 or 80 thousand attendees, the last few have only been 30 to 40 thousand... Hulaween is in that ballpark. Let's start a petition! 8-)

I’ll sign that petition!

SoSMP could not handle 40k and would be pushing it at 30k people (also I didn’t know the Phish fests were that big damn that is impressive). But Phish feat in Fl would not draw as many as Phish fest in northeast so a Phish fest at SoSMP with 20-25k would be niceeeee. NYE 2019 ringing in 2020 anyone?!?!

Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:01 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

Phish 2018 Fall Tour venues / capacities:

Times Union Center, Albany, NY / 17,500

Hampton Coliseum, Hampton, VA / 9,777

Ascend Amphitheater, Nashville, TN / 6,800

Allstate Arena, Chicago, IL / 18,500

MGM Grand Garden Arena, Las Vegas, NV / 16,800

~~~~~~~~~~

Submitted for your consideration. The Phish is not immune to changing economics... granted, all of these venues were booked for multiple nights. I am somewhat surprised that they booked venues that were under 10k admits, but y'know... logistics... the Bridgestone Arena isn't always available in Nashville.

Not being critical here. Looking at these venues, perhaps the idea that Phish could perform at SOSMP is not beyond the realm of possibility... certainly they could do as Hulaween has, and inform peeps that sales would be limited to 25,000. I would even consider going to such a thing, cuz it's the Suwannee, and it definitely would be a partay. Not so crazy about NYE though; we could all seriously freeze our butts off.

Food for thought. What else we got to do ...?
:mrgreen:

Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:45 am Profile
Wanee Lover

almost 20 yrs since Story of the Ghost was released. times flying

Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:58 am Profile
Wanee Wizard

Twenty-two years since I saw Phish (the only time I ever have seen one of their shows), opening for Blues Traveler at Sunfest here in WPB. Did a Zeppelin encore. They were good. Kinda weird, but good. That remains my overall impression of them.
:ugeek:

Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:12 am Profile
Wanee Fan

beach bob wrote:
They were good. Kinda weird, but good. That remains my overall impression of them.
Kinda weird? Geeky nerds posing as rock stars... that's incredibly weird! 8-)

Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:38 am Profile
Wanee Fan

whole lot of love wrote:
almost 20 yrs since Story of the Ghost was released. times flying

Don’t know how big of a fan you are but Trey recently did a really good long type of interview talking about the making of Story of the Ghost and other stuff on Tom Marshall’s podcast (Under the Scales)

Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:48 am Profile
Wanee Lover

beach bob wrote:
Phish 2018 Fall Tour venues / capacities:

Times Union Center, Albany, NY / 17,500

Hampton Coliseum, Hampton, VA / 9,777

Ascend Amphitheater, Nashville, TN / 6,800

Allstate Arena, Chicago, IL / 18,500

MGM Grand Garden Arena, Las Vegas, NV / 16,800

~~~~~~~~~~

Submitted for your consideration. The Phish is not immune to changing economics... granted, all of these venues were booked for multiple nights. I am somewhat surprised that they booked venues that were under 10k admits, but y'know... logistics... the Bridgestone Arena isn't always available in Nashville.

Not being critical here. Looking at these venues, perhaps the idea that Phish could perform at SOSMP is not beyond the realm of possibility... certainly they could do as Hulaween has, and inform peeps that sales would be limited to 25,000. I would even consider going to such a thing, cuz it's the Suwannee, and it definitely would be a partay. Not so crazy about NYE though; we could all seriously freeze our butts off.

Food for thought. What else we got to do ...?
:mrgreen:

I see your point on the venue size. I do think theres a big difference between venue size on a multi-city fall tour and venue size for a stand alone festival. I mean I've seen Panic headline Bonnarro with 60k+ people then play a 2/3 empty 5k person amphitheater a couple weeks later (which partially speaks of the regional-ness of WSP but I digress). Point being, I don't think venue size of a fall tour is a reliable proxy for a festival draw.

I do agree with you in that it's not that I think the SoSMP facilities are too small for a Phish festival (although they would probably have to make some slight layout changes for all 25k people to be at the same stage at the same time), but I do think Wanee is to small for Phish. If they can get the same draw from doing a festival solo as they could from headlining a 20+ act festival I just don't see what their motivation would be to choose the latter. Plus if Phish played Wanee we'd have to listen to all the Spread Heads complain about how the songs are too long and how theres actually diversity in there catalogue ;)

Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:26 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

beach bob wrote:
Twenty-two years since I saw Phish (the only time I ever have seen one of their shows), opening for Blues Traveler at Sunfest here in WPB. Did a Zeppelin encore. They were good. Kinda weird, but good. That remains my overall impression of them.
:ugeek:

22 years between Phish shows?!?!? For a music lover such as yourself? Blasphemy! Get back on the road and check them out soon BB!

Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:28 pm Profile
ϟ ϟ Wanee Demi-God ϟ ϟ

Not the same as having Phish at Wanee.....but Trey and most of the band members played at SOSMP one year....in separate bands. Not sure why they did not join together for a few songs....
Actually, I think they played at MagFest rather than Wanee.

Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:41 pm Profile
 [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next