Last visit was: Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:50 pm It is currently Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:50 pm

[ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Hold onto your hat!!! 
Wanee Lover

Post Re: Hold onto your hat!!!
Spending a lot of time prepping for the worst , and making time to See the show at HardRockLive Sat. , so I forgot to ask more about the new addition to the Noles .What kind of dog etc.? Hope you had it in your lap like the rest of us . 3 A.M. Mon. My two are up and in my bed , when a strong line of storms moved in. A lot of debris but we are fine.

Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:50 am Profile
Wanee Wizard

We were way North of the serious weather, but we were seeing some circular wind flow that was starting to make us wonder...

...but all was well. :D

Mon Jan 23, 2017 3:21 pm Profile
ϟ ϟ Wanee Demi-God ϟ ϟ

An English Bulldog......maybe the prettiest I have ever seen....well handsomest since it is a he.
Kelsey and I carried him to Tally today.....and everybody stopped to stare (NO, not at me....well they might have been....a homeless looking fellow with a beautiful daughter and dog)....
One lady stopped us and said she had had many bulldogs over the years....and none were as nice as this one.
If I knew how...I would send some pictures....(sorry...computer illiterate).

Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:21 pm Profile
ϟϟ Wanee Demi-Goddess ϟϟ

I'm so happy you have a new furry friend and he's fitting right in. My question is why did you carry him to Tallahassee? That's such a long way. You could have taken the car you know... 8-)

Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:25 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

My dogs are Pyper and Woodi, what is your dog's name?

Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:27 am Profile
ϟ ϟ Wanee Demi-God ϟ ϟ

the car was out of gas....the tires were flat.....I have no insurance....no license....and it is sitting on blocks in the back yard covered in weeds.....

Atticus You can look him up on Instagram....if you understand that....I don't. According to his "mother" he has over 100 followers this morning.

When I was carrying him to Tally....I never saw any of those followers....I thought it would be like F Gump running across country...all those followers would be right behind us.
Kel had a doctor's appointment..........

Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:15 am Profile
ϟϟ Wanee Demi-Goddess ϟϟ

Locusts!!!

Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:59 am Profile
Wanee Wizard

Re: the OP's OP...

Yesterday I woke up and looked at my phone, which had TORNADO WARNING BLAH BLAH BLAH splashed on the lock screen... Hmm, that was at 2am or so... *shrug* we're still here... thought nothing more of that.

And then I found out this morning, that my son's former high school took $500,000 to $1mil in damage from the TORNADO THAT CARVED AN ALLEY OF DESTRUCTION ABOUT FIVE MILES NORTH OF ME.

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Now, I have actually been within 100ft of three tornadoes in my life... one was a waterspout here in FL. That stuff is scary. But land based FL twisters? We get 'em down here every 10-12 years, and they rarely cause any damage.

Ain't much you can do about them, other than to pucker up. At least with hurricanes, you get 2-3 days notice, after looking at What Might Be for a few days ahead of that. A twister? In reality, you might have 30sec. to prepare...
:?

Carpe diem!

Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:25 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

beach bob wrote:
Re: the OP's OP...

But land based FL twisters? We get 'em down here every 10-12 years, and they rarely cause any damage.

We get them all the time!! Not sure the specifics of your particular area of FL, but Florida Gets a ton of Tornadoes. Way more than most states. And way more than every 10-12 years. Why does this seem wrong?? Because the second part of what you said is correct. They rarely are newsworthy.

Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:05 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

You're north of me...? I'm in PB Co.

Here, we really almost never get them to the point where they do much damage. Cuz at my Work, that's an Event. And we remember (heck, we Document!) the Events, cuz they require an Event Response, and afterwards we sorta pat ourselves on the back for doing a Good Job of doing the Event Response, cuz in fact, we are really quite good (tops in the industry actually) at that sort of Thing.
:mrgreen:

I know; far too scientific for most people :P

Maybe I just don't remember twisters. They kinda make me wiggy, for the reasons mentioned above...

Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:33 pm Profile
 [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next