Last visit was: Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:37 pm It is currently Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:37 pm

[ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 suwanne river jam 
Wanee Lover

Post suwanne river jam
oh my what a good lineup

Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:33 am Profile
Wanee Fan

Post Re: suwanne river jam
I had to look that one up. I wasn't sure how a Wanee Festival missed my radar...now I know. :roll:

Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:21 am Profile
Wanee Wizard

If you like that sort of thing, it's a good lineup. Hard pass for me.

If you go, keep your phone charged so you can video the drunken brawls.
:mrgreen:

Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:01 am Profile
Wanee Lover

Yeah i hear it gets pretty rowdy. I’ve heard essentially nothing good about the crowd at SRJ (from both SoSMP staff as well as those who have attended). This is also a hard pass for me. I’d rather go to SosMp on a random Wednesday than go during a large country music festival.

Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:51 am Profile
Wanee Wizard

The reports on SRJ brawls, I got from the local sheriff deputies. Once, I asked the boys in green which fests they liked to work, most and least... the hippie fests: Roots / Reunion / Wanee, are easy duty. But they hate working SRJ; they spend the whole weekend busting drunks fighting, and tossing peeps in jail for bad behavior.

I've not been to it myself. And I've only ever had the locals readjust my behavior one time :D

Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:43 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

just dont wear tye dye :shock:

Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:07 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

remember the primus shows/ kind of like that

Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:15 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

I reckon they sell a lot of Busch beer at that event.

Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:28 am Profile
Wanee Wizard

beach bob wrote:
I've not been to it myself. And I've only ever had the locals readjust my behavior one time :D

I had my behavior readjusted at this festival once as well. I have been twice. The first time someone told me if I towed my camper they'd give me two free tickets and we'd all camp together. SOLD!! THe second time was Fogerty, Zack Brown Band, Kansas and John Anderson, and Travis Tritt. It was a pretty good lineup. The strangest thing about this fest is the way the Necks drive their Big Ol' Trucks up and down river road like its some sort of Incest Parade. Back and forth from the river to the Chapel. I don't think it's organized or planned. It just sort of happens everytime you get more than 40-50 of them together like some sort of hive mentality. I would say 80%+ are listening to either David Allen Coe's X-Rated album, or Rap Music. Which you would think would be mutually exclusive, but there we were. I had a run-in with an italian sausage vendor late saturday night. I was almost out of cash, and the dude didn't take cards. I explained that the festival was almost over and maybe we could come to some sort of agreement. I offered him the $6-7 dollars i had for a sausage and a lemonade. Which was a couple bucks short of what he was asking for them. The guy said fine and they handed me the lemonade, and I gave him the cash. I waited for the sausage and eventually got told no. I said wait a minute we had a deal. I said take your lemonade back and give me my money. He said no. I said you are making a huge mistake dude. Last Chance to make this right, I said. Then I stood out front of the sausage place and ran every person out of the line who tried to show up telling them that the guy ripped me off, and you don't want to eat here. He was furious. I said "well you started it". I probably cost him a couple hundred bucks. He came out and threatened me. I laughed in his face and the confrontation ran even more people away. He called the cops. I then informed the officer that I was not breaking any laws. He said No, you are not breaking any laws but I will arrest you anyway if you don't leave. "For What?" I asked.
He said "Disorderly Conduct. Which probably wont stick, but at least you're out of my hair"
I promptly walked away.

So ANyways... Don't eat at the italian sausage vendor. I saw him a couple days later yelling Homophobic and Racial slurs at the Children who refused to take the candy and get in his van.

Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:44 pm Profile
ϟϟ Wanee Demi-Goddess ϟϟ

So Nick, how was that $7 lemonade?

Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:59 pm Profile
 [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next