Last visit was: Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:31 pm It is currently Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:31 pm

[ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Jimmy Hall/Wet Willie for 2017 
Wanee Gnome

Post Jimmy Hall/Wet Willie for 2017
I had the pleasure of spending a total of 3 plus hours this weekend at two small outside festy type events with Mr. Jimmy Hall. WOW!! Does he still have it. He fronted a group of Muscle Shoals Allstars at Ocean Springs Live on a hot Saturday eve with an excellent mix of His " Wet Willie" soundtracks with some Muscle Shoals hits by Wilson Pickett and the Stones among others...

I drove down to Metairie yesterday to see him perform with Wet Willie including originals Rick Hirsch, Jack Hall and Donna Hall. Tremendous hour and a half set of Wet Willie favorites and some other less notables in their collection.

Jimmy Hall has not lost one bit of his vocals, performance delivery or harmonica and sax playing. He gave his usual 110% as did both bands... He remains one of the greats who still needs to be on a large stage performing his great collection of work.

HENCE... Live Nation needs to bring on Mr. Jimmy Hall and Wet Willie at Wanee 2017 on the BIG STAGE for late afternoon set... NO one will be disappointed.

BRIING WET WILLIE TO WANEE!!

Tue Jul 05, 2016 2:37 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

Post Re: Jimmy Hall/Wet Willie for 2017
I second this motion! :D :D :D

Along with Colonel Bruce Hampton and Marcus James, the lineup is beginning to take shape! Time to schedule!

Tue Jul 05, 2016 2:49 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

Wet Willie played at SoSMP not too long ago... And yeah, they were great!! "Just keep on smiling." :mrgreen:

Reminded me of my mis-spent youth growing up in NOLA. It was pretty easy to catch great acts like Wet Willie, Marshall Tucker Band, Charlie Daniels, the Allman Bros., etc. . . And, at affordable prices, too!

I was really surprised to find that Jimmy Hall has played with Jeff Beck, when he's not fronting for his kinfolk in Wet Willie. . . . S'Truth!

It hasn't happened yet, but ol' Charlie Daniels wrote a song that says, 'The South's gonna do it again'... Can I get an "AMEN" to that ?!? :D

Tue Jul 05, 2016 5:01 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

BuddyD wrote:
BRIING WET WILLIE TO WANEE!!

This is a fine idea indeed.

Jimmy Hall sat in with the Brothers at Wanee back in 2012, the year of Further, as I recall. Not on the roster, no announcement, just popped up on stage. Which was way cool. Talented dude for sure!

I saw him perform at the 30A Songwriter Fest out by Destin... at a little tiny venue, maybe 200 peeps? He's a ball of fire and bundle of energy. He's kind of like Southern Rock's version of Peter Wolf 8-)

Add my vote for Wet Willie @ Wanee!!

Wed Jul 06, 2016 9:20 am Profile
Wanee Wizard

freebo wrote:
It hasn't happened yet, but ol' Charlie Daniels wrote a song that says, 'The South's gonna do it again'... Can I get an "AMEN" to that ?!? :D

It depends on what they're gonna do again. If it's Monogrammed Rear Windows, Dry Counties, or the Rosewood Massacre, you can count me out.

Wed Jul 06, 2016 9:26 am Profile
Wanee Wizard

OK, I'm All In For Wet Willie!!

I wasn't too familiar, but I fired some up at work, and I am now a fan for life.

On a side note, I wish Lowell George was still around.

Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:00 am Profile
Wanee Wizard

What Nick said. OTOH, if it's like this, count me in.

from 1973 -- Potliquor - You Can't Get There From Here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DczUF_sPh2U

Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:02 am Profile
Wanee Gnome

Ben (from the Ben Sparaco Band) here. Jimmy is a great guy and I'd love to see him make an appearance at Wanee next year.

For anybody in Tennessee, I'll be playing with an ABB tribute band called Idlewild South at the Krider Performing Arts Center in Paris, TN on July 30th with Jimmy Hall sitting in. I'll be filling in for Bart Walker while he's out with RSB so I'll be playing the Duane parts and we're gonna do some of Jimmy's tunes as well as have him up on some ABB tunes.

Would love to see some Wanee family there.

Fri Jul 08, 2016 12:57 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

BenMS wrote:
Ben (from the Ben Sparaco Band) here. Jimmy is a great guy and I'd love to see him make an appearance at Wanee next year.

For anybody in Tennessee, I'll be playing with an ABB tribute band called Idlewild South at the Krider Performing Arts Center in Paris, TN on July 30th with Jimmy Hall sitting in. I'll be filling in for Bart Walker while he's out with RSB so I'll be playing the Duane parts and we're gonna do some of Jimmy's tunes as well as have him up on some ABB tunes.

Would love to see some Wanee family there.

Whats up Ben!?! We have a similar thread on here somewhere about your band too. You guys Rock!

Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:06 pm Profile
Wanee Gnome

nickyler wrote:
Whats up Ben!?! We have a similar thread on here somewhere about your band too. You guys Rock!

Hey man, I'm glad you like the band. It's been super fun doing my own thing lately.

Could you link me to the thread you're talking about? Can't seem to find it. I'd love to let people know that I really appreciate the support.

Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:42 pm Profile
 [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next