Last visit was: Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:40 am It is currently Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:40 am

[ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Tips,suggestions, ideas for newbies 
Wanee Mushroom

Post Tips,suggestions, ideas for newbies
This will be my first Wanee, driving down solo from northern IN. Just looking for tips, suggestions, ideas, do's and dont's of camping and inside the music venue. Best areas to camp, what to bring, what not to bring? Just looking for anything helpful that will make my 4 days more enjoyable. I am planning on arriving early Wednesday. Thank you in advance for any help, it is greatly appreciated. See you April 13th.

Wed Mar 02, 2016 1:23 am Profile
Wanee Wizard

Post Re: Tips,suggestions, ideas for newbies
Welcome!

You have already found the best resource - This Forum.

Spend your first few minutes hours days here reading up.

You will find after so many years most questions have been asked. And will probably be asked again soon. :lol:

Again, WELCOME!

Wed Mar 02, 2016 6:42 am Profile
Wanee Mushroom

What are we allowed to bring into the main stage area? Opened, unopened, empty containers? Lawn chairs, blankets,etc? Food?

So, bring on the darkness, tonite is gonna be our friend. Bring on the crowd, were all family in the end. Bring on the smoke and mirrors, spread a little love across the night. And bring on the music, everything's gonna be alright.

Wed Mar 02, 2016 6:43 am Profile
Wanee Wizard

Have you perhaps tried looking at THE RULES on the main webpage for the festival?

EDIT - Hm. Not called RULES on the main page. oOps!

http://waneefestival.com/ click on 'guidelines and applications'

Squint at this also -

http://waneefestival.com/downloads/spir ... _rules.pdf

;)

Wed Mar 02, 2016 6:44 am Profile
Wanee Mushroom

Volkemon wrote:
Welcome!

You have already found the best resource - This Forum.

Spend your first few minutes hours days here reading up.

You will find after so many years most questions have been asked. And will probably be asked again soon. :lol:

Again, WELCOME!

Thank you!! Yes, I am guessing my questions have been asked and answered hundreds of times. I read quite a bit and didn't really find what I was looking for, so I decided I'd start a post. Looking forward to what others have to say that have been here before...plus, I am ready for it, I will be there 6 wks from today. ...again, thank you for the welcoem and for responding. Peace!!

So, bring on the darkness, tonite is gonna be our friend. Bring on the crowd, were all family in the end. Bring on the smoke and mirrors, spread a little love across the night. And bring on the music, everything's gonna be alright.

Wed Mar 02, 2016 6:51 am Profile
Wanee Wizard

And before you panic... PLEASE read carefully.

"Prohibited" and 'you dont need' are NOT the same thing.

:D

Wed Mar 02, 2016 6:52 am Profile
Wanee Wizard

WaNoobie wrote:
What are we allowed to bring into the main stage area? Opened, unopened, empty containers? Lawn chairs, blankets,etc? Food?

Page 3 of PDF -

Quote:
• No food or beverages may be brought into the festival area; however, please check the Festival
brochure to see whether or not you may bring in a new, unopened plastic bottle of water or an
empty water container. NO GLASS CONTAINERS are allowed in the festival area.

Blankets are fine, chairs... here ya go -
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=12249&hilit=chairs
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10529&hilit=chairs
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10195&hilit=chairs
:lol: Popular subject.

Wed Mar 02, 2016 6:56 am Profile
Wanee Mushroom

Volkemon wrote:
WaNoobie wrote:

Page 3 of PDF -

Quote:
• No food or beverages may be brought into the festival area; however, please check the Festival
brochure to see whether or not you may bring in a new, unopened plastic bottle of water or an
empty water container. NO GLASS CONTAINERS are allowed in the festival area.

Blankets are fine, chairs... here ya go -

http://www.waneefestival.com/forum/view ... lit=chairs
:lol: Popular subject.

Thanks,Volkemon, I appreciate the help. Also read that empty water bottles are fine...
Just curious to hear from veterans what works and doesn't work camping,best places to camp,loud areas, etc....

Wed Mar 02, 2016 8:28 am Profile
Wanee Wizard

WaNoobie wrote:

Thanks,Volkemon, I appreciate the help. Also read that empty water bottles are fine...
Just curious to hear from veterans what works and doesn't work camping,best places to camp,loud areas, etc....

The lake stays pretty busy most hours, but it is one of the closest spots. down river road or out in E or F field stays pretty quiet but it is a bit further. The pine field, section D, and renaissance get pretty crowded because they are near the entrance and in my opinion, people just jump in the first spots they find not realizing how huge the place is. If you are getting there early in the week you should just take a minute (or an hour) to drive around and see what you like. The place is huge and there will be lots of room until Wednesday or Thursday. As far as what to bring, you can pretty much bring anything into the campground*, but inside the concert area there are more restrictions.

* Not Extra Ammo and Pit bulls, but you are fine with glass bottles, firewood, propane stoves, charcoal grills. There are less restrictions here than other fests.

If you can bring a bike, you should.

Wed Mar 02, 2016 8:48 am Profile
Wanee Lover

camp store has decent prices. hardly worth driving to town.

Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:27 am Profile
 [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next