Last visit was: Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:41 am It is currently Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:41 am

[ 6 posts ] 
 Fraud Protection 
Wanee Gnome

Post Fraud Protection
I'm trying to find what way works best for you guys to purchase tickets from an individual without purchasing fraudulent tickets? Any advice you might have or ways that you've exchanged in the past would be greatly appreciated.

Wed Mar 02, 2016 7:25 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Post Re: Fraud Protection
The best way to avoid getting ripped off is to get tickets through this very website. It works for me every year

Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:03 pm Profile
ϟϟ Wanee Demi-Goddess ϟϟ

If you pay using PayPal you could later dispute the charge if someone sells you fake tickets. Also if you buy them from someone at the gate, have them wait for payment until your ticket is scanned. An honest person won't mind the few minute wait... Currently ticket prices aren't much more than the early bird price. If you want 100% peace of mind, just buy from the official site.

Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:29 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

I've had great success using a website called CashorTrade.com. It's a website specifically for the buying and selling of concert tickets at face value. Users are verified and they have several measures in place to ensure the legitimacy of exchanges. I've both bought and sold on the site, including tickets to sold out events.

Some other places have ticket guarantees including Stubhub and TM Exchange, but they charge fees and you could pay more.

Lastly, if using some other source to buy/sell (like craigslist , message board forums, etc) I'd 100% only use PayPal for payment due to the ability to dispute fraudulent purchases if needed.

Thu Mar 03, 2016 2:56 am Profile
Wanee Wizard

Cash or Trade seems to work really well, even though it is still buying on trust. Scammers get the boot right quick there. It's a excellent resource that I am glad someone thought to put together.

If you are on Facebook (or heck, even here), vet your seller by PMing a few friends about the person. You should be able to get a feel about the person fairly quickly. If it seems fishy, take a pass.

And don't get pressured into quickly making a deal due to some emergency on the other end. There's always time to buy, right up until fest time. The event never sells out.

Finally, while Wanee can be done on the cheap (kinda), festing can get expensive. There is no such thing as discount tix. Don't do a bad deal cuz you wanted to save $50.

Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:22 am Profile
Wanee Gnome

Thx guys.

Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:53 pm Profile
 [ 6 posts ]