Last visit was: Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:29 am It is currently Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:29 am

[ 71 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Whatcha think 
ϟ ϟ Wanee Demi-God ϟ ϟ

Post Whatcha think
:!:
Most years ...there is a lot of excitement by now...about Wanee...
New peeps coming on asking questions...about tickets....about camp sites....about reserved sites....about bands and schedule....about most anything one could ask.
This year...to me....there just does not seem to be that excitement. Sure the regulars are on here daily and we are totally psyched....but what about the others?

Do you guys feel the excitement as in the past...or do you feel as though Wanee is slipping?
Even my campmates aren't showing their desire as in the past....not even sure how many of my campmates are gonna be there. Three have already said they are not coming....but DAMN man...I want more to feel as we do.
I realize it is still early...but was hoping for more than just us to be on this site...ready to go.
I know BeachBob is ready...and the ETR clan....
How 'bout your feelings on this?

Thu Jan 07, 2016 10:44 am Profile
Wanee Veteran

Post Re: Whatcha think
well I believe it is 2 things 1 the lineup (is not diverse enough)
2 the smart ass comments that have been on a few more posts in recent months... just my opinion :shock: ;) ;) :) saying wanee needs to think hard how they are going to stay relevant because festivals are falling off and new ones are coming up just can't scrape by anymore need to have wow factor last couple of years lockn has blew wanee away as far as lineup imho

Thu Jan 07, 2016 11:20 am Profile
Wanee Veteran

I think Wanee peaked in 2011 (the year with three days at the Peach or 2012 (with Furthur basically co-headlining). Since then the line ups have been good, but not spectacular. Especially when you compare to other fests' lineups (Locken in particular). That has minimized some of the excitement. I like this year's lineup, but if I had never been to Wanee, I am not sure it would make me want to go for the first time.

Also there are more fest options, from the new ones in FL (Okeechobee) to the similar fest in other part of the country (Peach & Laid Back fest). With more options, is Wanee THE fest to go to these days. For me yes, but again that is as much about the SOSMP as anything else.

Lastly, with no ABB as a headliner there is no Beacon shows / talk to get the excitement going. Right now the Beacon tickets would be going on or just on sale. The Wanee lineup would still be a mystery (usually announce after the Beacon shows had sold out).

Thu Jan 07, 2016 11:36 am Profile
Wanee Wizard

I think, that times is gettin' harder than hard...

The other night I had to hightail it to campus to talk to admissions, and then visit the cashier (we know what THAT means!), as regards some hiccup in my son's college classes, and their cost. Boy howdy, it does cost! :shock:

It reminded me about this time of year... for the truly poor, it's just another day in the struggle. But for those of us in the worker bee category, this is the sucky time:

* Christmas Visa bills coming due
    * The reset button has been hit on our health insurance deductibles, so many of us are paying 100% when we visit the doctor
    * The IRS payment is not far away...

I think in another month or so, folks will have some of that sorted out.

The only good thing right now, for me, is that my vacation bucket just got refilled. I never seem to have trouble emptying that thing... indeed; I've already budgeted out half my allotment for 2016! :o

So it goes...

Thu Jan 07, 2016 11:49 am Profile
Wanee Gnome

Greetings! This is my first post on this forum and this year also happens to be my first Wanee.

I almost made it last year but it didn't work out, but I have my ticket for this year and am looking forward to it.

I don't have any specific questions at the moment because I have been to enough festivals that I know how to prepare and have no problem picking up on the general vibe and just rolling with things once I get there.

And for what it's worth I am digging the line-up and know I'll have an amazing time.

I have heard nothing but positive things about past Wanee festivals, particular how great all the people are. So I am looking forward to making some new friends, enjoying awesome music, and finally checking out Live Oak.

See you all there!

Thu Jan 07, 2016 12:16 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

There are more festivals now than there used to be. 420 in Atlanta is where a lot of my friends go but the lineup does nothing for me. There is a Fools Paradise deal in St Augustine this yr in April too. Most younger kids are more into EDM and the ABB crowd is getting older. The Panic crowd is now mostly 30s and 40s and jobs, kids, etc start getting in the way. Wanee is the 1 thing i do in the spring and save days off for it. It has gotten hard for me to find a people to go with these days. Panic February and rumored Spring tour is mostly Southeast which will hurt Wanee i think as well.

We are all getting older and Wanee is eventually going to have to change some with the times or i fear it may get left behind.

Thu Jan 07, 2016 12:23 pm Profile
ϟ ϟ Wanee Demi-God ϟ ϟ

And I've lost over $20,000 in 401k funds in the last few weeks (ouch!!!) and I'm sure others have lost money also. The effing
Chinese market had to shut down this am because of the sell-off over there in 29 minutes...so that will reflect negatively in US as well today....

Thu Jan 07, 2016 12:38 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

I am paying for grad school out of pocket which cuts into both fun money funds and time to go do stuff. I am actually getting to Wanee 2 days later than normal because of school.

Thu Jan 07, 2016 12:58 pm Profile
ϟ ϟ Wanee Demi-God ϟ ϟ

I agree that I'm just not that excited about this years Wanee, probably has something to do with how great the Fall Fests were this year.
I know I have a big project finishing May 1st with a pretty big bonus attached to it, so I won't be there the whole week and if push comes to shove Teresa might be there without me :o

Oh Gator country

A little bit of that chomp chomp

Thu Jan 07, 2016 1:28 pm Profile
ϟϟ Wanee Demi-Goddess ϟϟ

Life sometimes gets in the way. We have lost some really good people this past year and I'm finding it hard to get excited about much lately. The lineup is ok, but pretty much the same old same old. I love the park and you guys, so I'll be there. Next year, who knows? I'm looking forward to LOCKN for Dead & Co and bring out of my mini funk by then..

Thu Jan 07, 2016 1:34 pm Profile
 [ 71 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next