Last visit was: Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:55 am It is currently Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:55 am

[ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Pop Up Question 
Wanee Lover

Post Pop Up Question
I am bringing a pop up for the first time. I usually tent camp off of river road/old river road near the bathhouse. Would i be able to pull the pop up off the road and camp without a hookup site? I understand the generator concern but i would be using it as a tent only. I have seen other doing this in the same area in the past.

Thanks.

Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:03 am Profile
Wanee Wizard

Post Re: Pop Up Question
I believe it is OK, but best check with the park (386) 364-1683.

Coming this weekend?

Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:08 am Profile
Wanee Wizard

I recall seeing several popups in areas designated camping. As long as you are not in a w/e/s site someone else payed for you should be okay. But I go along with the Rev'rend, best to call.

Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:15 am Profile
Wanee Wizard

Yes, you will be fine. You are right about your generator concern. That will make usually laid back people get a little pissy having to listen to that, so that is probably a no go. We need a generator to charge golf carts, so we go way out in section E. They make really good 12 volt to 110 converters that are about $40. Plug into the cigarette lighter. What I do is run an ext chord out the door or window and you can run a couple strands of xmas lights charge a phone or even have a small radio. Fire up the vehicle once every 2 or three hours just to be safe. If its just the lights and you get the LED kind, you can damn near run them all weekend. When I tailgate, I have a 20" tv and a digital antenna and I can run those for an hour and it wont kill the battery.

Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:24 am Profile
Wanee Lover

Ive got a 4000W champion 68DB generator but i don't really have a need for it. I brought an RV in 2010 and stayed in the parking lot but i don't really have a need for a generator unless i ran it at like 2 pm to charge the battery in the pop up.

Thanks guys i will call the park.

Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:41 am Profile
ϟ ϟ Wanee Demi-God ϟ ϟ

You need to get rid of that big 4000 and buy you a Honda EQ1000 or EQ2000....they are so quiet...you can hardly hear them running. A guy parked by me at Brrrr Creek a year or so ago and asked if he could run his a while to charge batteries, etc. After it started....you had to really listen to even hear it. They are relatively expensive...but they are small and quiet. And people will steal them from you if not protected...!

Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:01 am Profile
Wanee Lover

Champion was on sale for 299, a honda that size was 2500. It isn't as quiet as the Honda but it is made for RV and honestly isn't that loud.

Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:25 am Profile
Wanee Wizard

I know you have said your not bringing it, but while on the subject there are a ton of good YouTube vids on making generators quiet. there are boxes you can make that silence the noise and run a fan for exhaust and air flow. They're cheap too. If size is not an issue it is definitely the way to go for the price.

Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:35 am Profile
Wanee Lover

thanks.

Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:41 am Profile
Wanee Lover

Called the park, they said it is fine to bring a pop up and camp in primitive.

Fri Dec 12, 2014 1:17 pm Profile
 [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next