Last visit was: Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:01 pm It is currently Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:01 pm

[ 38 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 OBJ 
ϟϟ Wanee Demi-Goddess ϟϟ

Post OBJ
Anyone going? Bueller? Bueller?

Wed May 14, 2014 12:01 am Profile
Wanee Peach

Post Re: OBJ
So excited Randy brought over the tickets last night!!! We will be there for Friday,Saturday,and Sunday ~ still trying to see if we can get it together to leave on Thursday I am hopeful. Looking forward to seeing you folks and everyone else!! :D
OBJ here we come Music makes my soul sing!!!
PeacePattie

Wed May 14, 2014 4:57 am Profile
Wanee Wizard

:D

Wed May 14, 2014 5:01 am Profile
Wanee Wizard

Looking for little help..

Never been to OBJ or Sertoma ranch.

Trying to orient myself at the park, of course the park map seems to have precious little that agrees with the satellite map. :/

(link to above image - http://www.orangeblossomjamboree.com/si ... es/map.pdf )

(link to above image - https://maps.google.com/maps?ll=28.4350 ... 2598495864 )

I am guessing that the main stage labeled on the top map is the roof seen in the woods . (Left 1/3 of the pic, centered)

not sure what stage is what. They list Citrus Stage, Mojo Stage and DrJ stage on the schedule. Main stage, stage and small pavillion (sic) on the map.

The brook/river/canal is not visible on the bottom map.

The Ticket booth is ... where the woods start to expand north from the driveway? With the road and cabin to the north hidden in the woods? The Basketball Court is just visible up and to the right of (what I think is...) the main stage?

Looking like some good primitive camping north of the main stage, maybe a bit west. Not too far a walk to the activities. Dont have a way to bring the cart, and Grantgirl isnt bike-ready yet.

I prefer camping areas that are wooded, and a bit private. Not interested in staying in an open field, or crammed in like a refugee camp. HOPING to get there thursday PM, if not, then friday well before noon.

Any input? :P

Wed May 14, 2014 8:02 am Profile
Wanee Lover

Oh yeah, OBJ!!

Wed May 14, 2014 8:36 am Profile
Wanee Wizard

well, the park remains a mystery, but the music is cool!

This is about a 5 hour mix of artists at the park this weekend. got it on now at work.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/dzk3f ... lation.zip

download and unzip. MP3's. Enjoy!

Wed May 14, 2014 11:06 am Profile
♫♫ Wanee Master ♫♫

Yes, but...

Friday is our next-to-last day for seniors, so I have to be at school. And sunday morning I have a meeting I have to attend. I will work my schedule around all of that.

I will definitely miss many of my favorites, including Serotonic and Infinite Groove Orchestra. I MUST arrive in time Sunday to see New Earth Army!

"Remember: music is a religion. You have to pray every day."
-- Jose' Luis "Cheo" Pardo, Los Amigos Invisibles

Wed May 14, 2014 11:09 am Profile
Wanee Pro

Volke, a few comments/partial replies based on my recollection of the park layout (I live close but have only been to the park a couple of times for the day, haven't camped there):

The main stage is definitely the roof you can see in the woods. I *think* they refer to it as the Citrus Stage during the OBJ. It's basically a big polebarn with a concrete floor & seats. I believe there is a 2nd stage beside it, I assume that is also used & is one of the other two stages referenced. I don't remember a 3rd stage unless it's a temporary that they set up for OBJ.

The entrance to the park is off of Myers Rd (A in the google map). The ticket booth is along the entrance, shortly before you get to the wooded area north of the entrance road.

The big open area along the north of the entrance is open pastureland; it is the day parking. The primary festival grounds (the stages, vendors, the reserved campsites...) are the wooded area to the north of the entrance road (the wooded area where you can see the big roof). The "cabin" is in those woods but not visible in the google image. Also, along the eastern side of those woods (between day parking & the woods) there is a low area that gets muddy when it's been raining a lot. There is a footbridge over the muddy area, up closer to the pavilion/main stage.

The brook/river/canal/stream is just a little west of the main stage (if you look straight south of the pavilion on the google image, there is a white, squiggly line that runs off of the entrance, that is the stream. At times it is pretty dry, but we've had some good rain lately & it is supposed to rain today and tomorrow, so I'm sure there will be water flowing in it.

Most of the stuff west of the reserved spots is open area with not much trees; it also would be prone to getting muddy when it's been raining a lot (during high water times, it's basically part of the lakebed). I don't really recall much in the way of easily accessible area to the north of the stage, though they do show some on the sketch.

South of the entrance there is some nice wooded area that seems to be where most primitive camp.

The park isn't all that big, it would not be a long walk at all from there to the stage area.

Wed May 14, 2014 11:32 am Profile
Wanee Lover

I agree volk. I am usually pretty good at deciphering maps but I am having a hard time reconciling these. Good luck. And have fun.

Wed May 14, 2014 11:38 am Profile
Wanee Pro

mccjeff wrote:
I agree volk. I am usually pretty good at deciphering maps but I am having a hard time reconciling these. Good luck. And have fun.

Try to thing of it as this:
The sketch is primarily just the primary festival grounds - the woods to the north of the entrance road on the google image (spot the big roof in the woods on google, that's the main stage on the sketch). The Cabin shown on the sketch is at the easternmost edge of those woods, the "day parking" on the sketch is the open pasture area to the east of the woods.

The primitive camping west of the woods on the sketch is the open area on the google image, you can see a few RVs or campsites set up right at the edge of the trees in that google shot.

The entrance, and Myers Rd, dont' show in the sketch; it would be a few hundred yards to the east (right) from where the ticket booth is shown.

Wed May 14, 2014 11:48 am Profile
 [ 38 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next