Last visit was: Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:44 pm It is currently Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:44 pm

[ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Camping and Hotel info 
Wanee Gnome

Post Camping and Hotel info
I booked the Quality Inn in Live Oak which is 5 miles from the festival. Does anyone know the best way to get back and forth? Or should I really be thinking about a tent and sleeping bags? Any help would be awesome!

Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:25 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

Post Re: Camping and Hotel info
Welcome to the forum!

Well, you will find the group opinion is to ROUGH IT!!

Camping is a HUGE part of Wanee.

What day are you arriving?

Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:23 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

If you have transportation getting in and out each day will not be a problem. Designated driver is a necessity as check points are common. But to really get the most this festival has to offer cancel your reservation and stay in the park. This is one of the best music festival venues nationwide. Don’t miss any of this.

Following the shadows of the skies or are they only figments of my eyes?
And I'm feeling close to where the race is run
Waiting in our boats to set sail, sea of joy

Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:27 pm Profile
ϟ ϟ Wanee Demi-God ϟ ϟ

What they ^ said. Meeting new people and making friends is more than half the fun....the music is an added bonus. Total strangers can become your best friends.... :)

Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:01 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

I have to agree with the camping option. we go to quite a few fests and the camping at Wanee is second to none. The campgrounds are beautiful. The ability to park and camp next to your car, no real restrictions on glass containers, the layout of the campgrounds, the weather (all types of it that you WILL experience), the camaraderie found everywhere you go... Like I said, it is second to none.

Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:07 pm Profile
ϟϟ Wanee Demi-Goddess ϟϟ

I've been to every Wanee except one, and did hotels until 2009, here's my advice: Unbook your hotel! Unbook! You'll make instant friends, get to relax without travel back and forth plus after hours are when the impromptu jams happen.

Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:14 pm Profile
Wanee Gnome

Hi All...Im a Wanee virgin (first timer that is) and I have a question...mccjeff above..you say we can camp by our cars? Does that mean we can drive into the camping area with our cars and drive in and out as we please? I have a hotel 20 miles away and would happily tent camp (and cancel my hotel reservation) if I could use my rental car as an "as needed" rain shelter and a safe place to keep my stuff locked in. So.. is this a sure thing? Thanks for your help in advance!!

Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:26 am Profile
ϟ ϟ Wanee Demi-God ϟ ϟ

Camping is more than half the fun 8-)

Oh Gator country

A little bit of that chomp chomp

Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:36 am Profile
Wanee Lover

i concur with andie and others :!: nothing like watching music all day and night head back to the tent fall asleep simple as that.

Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:50 am Profile
Wanee Fan

capecodbob wrote:
Hi All...Im a Wanee virgin (first timer that is) and I have a question...mccjeff above..you say we can camp by our cars? Does that mean we can drive into the camping area with our cars and drive in and out as we please? I have a hotel 20 miles away and would happily tent camp (and cancel my hotel reservation) if I could use my rental car as an "as needed" rain shelter and a safe place to keep my stuff locked in. So.. is this a sure thing? Thanks for your help in advance!!

Plenty of folks do just that. Save your money, cancel your reservations and throw your tent down. You'll be glad you did!

Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:44 am Profile
 [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next