Last visit was: Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:55 pm It is currently Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:55 pm

[ 41 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 arrival 
Wanee Fan

Post arrival
pardon me in advance if these questions are covered somewhere, but after some significant looking, i couldn't find the answers. this is camp-next-to-car, right? i saw that the camp is open year round and that they encourage people to show up day(s) early. as a first time wanee-er (what do you guys call yourselves? :) ) im wondering if people pay a little extra to show up a day or two early to get a good spot? i'd be coming down from richmond, a solid 10 hour drive. if i can avoid taking wed off from work, i'd like to avoid it. when does the music start? if i show up at 6am will there be a line to get in? is it necessary to show up a day early to get a decent spot?

Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:07 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

Post Re: arrival
Take the whole WEEK of!!! :D :D :D :D

I know not everyone has that luxury, but I would suggest getting there early. There is always music Wednesday night...and Tuesday for that matter. As far as a line at 6am Thursday, I'm not sure. (We always come Tuesday.)

BTW...The official title is "Wanee Virgin". Carry it proudly!

Welcome To WANEE!!!!!!!!!!

Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:49 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

sneake wrote:
pardon me in advance if these questions are covered somewhere, but after some significant looking, i couldn't find the answers. Thank you for looking first. this is camp-next-to-car, right? YES i saw that the camp is open year round and that they encourage people to show up day(s) early. as a first time wanee-er (what do you guys call yourselves? :) ) im wondering if people pay a little extra to show up a day or two early to get a good spot?HECK yes. I am getting there the week before i'd be coming down from richmond, a solid 10 hour drive. if i can avoid taking wed off from work, i'd like to avoid it. when does the music start? if i show up at 6am will there be a line to get in?Where I camp, spots were still available Thursday AM...but went fast. Not sure if they are open at 6am to let you in... :) Ignorant on that is it necessary to show up a day early to get a decent spot?My 2 cents... show up as early as possible. Take the day off. Not only for the site, but to experience the people, place and spirit. THAT is the true draw of WANEE for me. I think its cool they have all that.... AND music. :lol: My first was 2013, and I count the days until this one.

@ LV Bus Lady... VW Bus? :mrgreen:

Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:01 pm Profile
Wanee Peach

Primitive camping is "next to car" as you describe. If you arrive early you'll need to pay the campground something in the neighborhood of $20.00 per night for each night you're early. I'm always solo so that fee may be per person or per car. Just not sure. Call the campground (http://www.musicliveshere.com).

There will be music on Wednesday starting in the afternoon or early evening (last year 2:45). Generally very good regional bands with prime time act to cap it off starting around 10:00. Last year it was Dumpstaphunk doing a show starting 10:45.

I'd bet dollars to donuts that there is not a line at 6:00AM on Thursday and you should have no problem finding a place to set up camp.

Have fun and drive safe.

Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:01 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Arrival is generally an easy process. There are no vehicle inspections…no delays! Check-in area parking is no problem, get in a short line and pick-up your bracelets and then get back in your vehicle and look for a spot to call your own. You should if at all possible consider arriving on Wed. or earlier. To make such a long drive and arrive road weary, and then have a long day and night ahead…well, it’s nice to include Wanee Wednesday.

Edit: This is a music park that is camp ready. Not at all like Lockn’ check-in!

Following the shadows of the skies or are they only figments of my eyes?
And I'm feeling close to where the race is run
Waiting in our boats to set sail, sea of joy

Last edited by Waneebe on Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:32 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

Volkemon wrote:

@ LV Bus Lady... VW Bus? :mrgreen:

Affirmative. (`93 EuroVan- Westfalia poptop)

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Last edited by LV-Bus-Lady on Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:33 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

71 'weekender' conversion, with side tent. :)

You primitive camping?

Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:36 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

We usually find a spot in the woods...

Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:45 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

I would love to have more buses at camp volke.

on river road, and potable water there also for hookup. I bring hoses and splitters to share the 'wealth'

You are more than welcome to join. :)

Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:48 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

I have showed up as late as Thursday at 7 or 8 pm before due to furk obligations. We even found good room for a small camper. You will be able to find a spot, and there is never more than a few people in line to get in, but the earlier you get there the less you have to walk from camp to venues. If I were you and worried about Wednesday, I would leave after work Wed or See if you can skip out early and catch Wednesday night music.

Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:40 am Profile
 [ 41 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next