Last visit was: Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:01 am It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:01 am

[ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 This years wanee lineup=MONSTER SIZED (.)(.)S 
Wanee Master

Post Re: This years wanee lineup=MONSTER SIZED (.)(.)S
Im persoanlly glad Furthur isn't there, i was hoping for some Phil and Friends, but it didnt happen, suck it up, Wanee is Still friggin awesome... if you say otherwise, youd be a damn liar.... and look at it this way... it could be worse, Phish could be on the ticket!! Wanee on my peeps!!

ImageImageImage

Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:27 pm Profile
Wanee Pro

djkeeb69 wrote:
Im persoanlly glad Furthur isn't there, i was hoping for some Phil and Friends, but it didnt happen, suck it up, Wanee is Still friggin awesome... if you say otherwise, youd be a damn liar.... and look at it this way... it could be worse, Phish could be on the ticket!! Wanee on my peeps!!

lol true that, I would have to skip if phish was there, the whole time id hear "Phish should be headlining not ABB"

no sci is sad, but can't always win.

I like the lineup it's solid, sure not as many big acts but more quality at the filler bands.

Last edited by kenbud on Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:32 pm Profile
Wanee Mushroom

lol at the phish hate

Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:36 pm Profile
Wanee Mushroom

strongerthandirt78 wrote:
TheAntelope wrote:
When everyone says its an Allman Brothers festival in terms of Panic being there, what link does Panic have to ABB? Jimmy Herring?

Jammy Southern Rock with lots of guitar and percussion? I'd say describing Panic as the ABB's illegitimate lovechild wouldn't be an unreasonable simile...

Not at all. It seems the general vibe around here is that they are a "family" band. I didn't see them as such.

Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:39 pm Profile
Wanee Pro

TheAntelope wrote:
lol at the phish hate

really the fans killed it for me, used to like em they have a lot of talent, but it got old. Plus I'd rather see them in their solo bands.

Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:39 pm Profile
Wanee Mushroom

kenbud wrote:
TheAntelope wrote:
lol at the phish hate

really the fans killed it for me, used to like em they have a lot of talent, but it got old. Plus I'd rather see them in their solo bands.

I suppose that's a good a reason as any. We aren't all bad though

Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:00 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

I've been to every single Wanee and I always buy early bird tickets. Every year there is a slow "built-up" to the lineup announcement. Let's face it we can't go see every band anyway. Wanee isn't about the bands and the music anymore. Wanee is an event that happens to have some pretty kick-ass music playing. So whatever bands are playing there, doesn't matter like it use to. Wanee is like a huge family reunion full of love and togetherness. I will continue going to Wanee and buying early bird tickets for as long as I can no matter what bands are playing. I, like everybody, just really enjoy Wanee and whatever music they happen to throw my way.

Love you all and see you all soon!! And enjoy whatever music you listen to!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:07 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

trippin' tom wrote:
I've been to every single Wanee and I always buy early bird tickets. Every year there is a slow "built-up" to the lineup announcement. Let's face it we can't go see every band anyway. Wanee isn't about the bands and the music anymore. Wanee is an event that happens to have some pretty kick-ass music playing. So whatever bands are playing there, doesn't matter like it use to. Wanee is like a huge family reunion full of love and togetherness. I will continue going to Wanee and buying early bird tickets for as long as I can no matter what bands are playing. I, like everybody, just really enjoy Wanee and whatever music they happen to throw my way.

Love you all and see you all soon!! And enjoy whatever music you listen to!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Absolute truth - love the love Tom

Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:12 pm Profile
Wanee Pro

strongerthandirt78 wrote:
handsNfeetRmangos wrote:
but..... 1) nothing about this lineup makes it an absolute cant miss lineup in my book. Especially with the knowledge that both Panic sets will likely be daytime sets. Not much genre diversity, 2) no real home run late night sets, missing some of my favorite smaller name acts that often make an appearance (Particle, ZD, etc). 3) A step back from the previous couple years in my opinion. Maybe its just my justification for not being able to go though ;)

It's funny how opinions differ because:
1) I was TOTALLY skipping Wanee this year, until this morning! (Finally got my passport a little over a year ago, far more interested in spending money/vacation time on international travel these days!)

2) No schedule yet, so you are totally assuming that. Mule and TTB latenights would be absolute homeruns in my book... and very possible! (I would expect Mule to either Headline Thur or have a latenight... gonna be a lot of pissed of mule fans if all they get is an hour in the afternoon after last year!!)

3) I totally disagree... this will be my fourth Wanee in a row, and by FAAAAAR my favorite lineup!

Agree to disagree, and I respect that.

1) Its funny that you were planning on skipping but the lineup came out and you changed your mind. What was the surprise to you, or what on the lineup made you change your mind? Im not being confrontational, Im just curious. Cause to me this line up had no real surprises, at least none that I find to be standing out as exciting. ABB, WSP, Mule and TTB were all effectively 100% locks to be there even before the official announcement. Maybe Franti and RR were a surprise, but those two acts are far from enough to make one change their mind on going to a major festival or not, at least I would think.

2) I totally agree that Mule would be a homerun late night, the problem is if the past is any predictor of the future (at least the recent past) than its almost certainly going to be midday Mule and midday TTB right before Panic Fri and Sat. And sorry, I dont consider Galactic a homerun late night act, although I realize some people do.

3) And again, to each there own. But how could this be the standup lineup of the past 4 years? Its essentailly the same acts as 2011 except minus a ton of great bands. I'm not trying to imply that this lineup is by any means a turd. Tons of great talent here. Its just predictable, and predictablity bores me.

Now I could be wrong and they could really mix it up. Give Panic a post ABB set on the main stage Fri night for a big late night party for example, that would spice things up. We shall see. Either way, I wish I could be there, and Im sure it will be an amazing time, but after the lineup announcement I am significantly less pissed about having to miss it.

Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:21 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

trippin' tom wrote:

Exactly right!!! This lineup is not 2011 not even close. However think of the crowd this year. No rednecks, limited late night wookie campsite invasions. And maybe, just maybe, no lawn chairs past the sound tent. This lineup is missing something. Mostly because there are no big surprises, but from a good ppl and great camping festival weekend standpoint, this wanee can't be missed

Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:21 pm Profile
 [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next