Last visit was: Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:34 pm It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:34 pm

[ 2086 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 209  Next
 Remember When 
Wanee Master

Post Remember When
I was telling my Son about some of the things me and my friends would do when we were kids that now seem so strange to him.
Name something from your past that younger people just can't understand.

Searching for Soda Pop bottles at Construction Sites and along the roadside so we could turn in and get the deposit back.

Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:24 am Profile
Wanee Lover

Post Re: Remember When
Remember when…concert tickets cost from $3.50-$5.50 and you had to go to the local record store to buy them. They were always general admission, sit where you want, dance where you want and getting backstage was not unheard of. Yep, I stood onstage at an Elton John show just feet away from his piano at the Hollywood Sportatorium in 1973. And again backstage during an Alvin Lee show. Those were the days!

Following the shadows of the skies or are they only figments of my eyes?
And I'm feeling close to where the race is run
Waiting in our boats to set sail, sea of joy

Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:48 am Profile
Wanee Veteran

Waneebe wrote:
Remember when…concert tickets cost from $3.50-$5.50 and you had to go to the local record store to buy them. They were always general admission, sit where you want, dance where you want and getting backstage was not unheard of. Yep, I stood onstage at an Elton John show just feet away from his piano at the Hollywood Sportatorium in 1973. And again backstage during an Alvin Lee show. Those were the days!

Local record stores...... Growing up there was a Sam Goody near my house. I used to love going there and just wandering the store, listening to what they were playing, checking out all the album covers / posters, & talking with the people that worked there (all hippieish music fans). Even if I had no money to buy, it was still a blast.

Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:59 am Profile
Wanee Master

Rainbow Records

The look on my Sons face as I was explaining Pong and Atari to him was priceless.

Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:10 am Profile
Wanee Master

PGator wrote:
Waneebe wrote:

Local record stores...... Growing up there was a Sam Goody near my house. I used to love going there and just wandering the store, listening to what they were playing, checking out all the album covers / posters, & talking with the people that worked there (all hippieish music fans). Even if I had no money to buy, it was still a blast.

The Black Light Room with all the Psycadelic Posters was always a favorite of mine.

Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:12 am Profile
Wanee Lover

Jensen B Gator wrote:
PGator wrote:
Waneebe wrote:

The Black Light Room with all the Psycadelic Posters was always a favorite of mine.

"Flashback 1969" in the Melbourne AAA Indoor Flea Market has it all…Record albums, posters under black light and my brother Frank can tell you about his trek to Woodstock. Doesn’t take much for him to remember when…he is still living in the 70”s. LOL

Following the shadows of the skies or are they only figments of my eyes?
And I'm feeling close to where the race is run
Waiting in our boats to set sail, sea of joy

Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:19 am Profile
Wanee Mushroom

Bigger...everything used to be bigger, home speakers, cell phones, hair, platform shoes, and cars...not sure if I miss all of those things though back days I used to love listening to vinyl albums my stereo system that took up half the room.

Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:35 am Profile
Wanee Master

Reel to Reel Tape Recorders music for hours

Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:37 am Profile
Wanee Lover

Riding my Big Wheel. Those things were the absolute best invention since the Twinkie!!!!!

AHHHH I wish I was a kid again...

Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:41 am Profile
Wanee Master

A lotta pot...a little Boone's Farm....sharing girls....LSD....mushrooms.....peyote buttons....hashish
Black lights and posters.....homemade candles....incense....
no money and didn't care.....good music
Ahhhhhh...to be young again. Those were "a few of my favorite things.".... :oops: :oops: :oops:

of course....I don't tell my kids about any of this :lol: :lol:

Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:48 am Profile
 [ 2086 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 209  Next