Last visit was: Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:48 am It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:48 am

[ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Survey from WaneeFest 
Wanee Master

Post Re: Survey from WaneeFest
The more important thing...Will they listen to us?
And if so, will they make any changes?

Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:28 pm Profile
Wanee Demi-God

Rivernole wrote:
The more important thing...Will they listen to us?
And if so, will they make any changes?

Money.........that is unfortunately what is boils down to. :(

Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:30 pm Profile
Wanee Master

NCviper wrote:
Money.........that is unfortunately what is boils down to

You are so right my friend! They have us captive and taking all we have....and we enjoy it :oops:

Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:34 pm Profile
Wanee Demi-God

Rivernole wrote:
NCviper wrote:

You are so right my friend! They have us captive and taking all we have....and we enjoy it :oops:

Just got to bend over and take it.... :shock: :?

Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:36 pm Profile
Wanee Master

NCviper wrote:
Rivernole wrote:
NCviper wrote:

Just got to bend over and take it.... :shock: :?

ouch and here I was being a Happy Drone ;) :lol: :lol:

Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:49 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Here is my response to the questions forwarded to me from the Wanee Team...I know it's long winded, but for those that know me well...I never give a short answer

1. What did you like most about Wanee 2012 - Unfortunately, as the festival drew closer I determined that I would be unable to attend due to some pressing family matters. I had purchased tickets and did not want them to go to waste so I contacted an individual on the Wanee board forum and offered to gift the tickets to him and his wife, as financially they were going to be unable to attend.

I think that the spirit of family is what drew me to this particular festival to begin with and I think that this is what would have been my answer about Wanee 2012, had I been able to attend. There is a large group that has developed from the forum called the Brothers and Sisters of Suwannee or BOS/SOS as we call it. This association of folks come from all walks of life, young and old, rich and poor, educated at universities and life schooled, a beautiful assortment of good hearted folks.

We have a meet and greet on the first official day of the festival, we rent golf carts and make sure folks can get around to visit each other, and we simply embrace any and all attendees that show the spirit of kindness and love of music and fellowship. We have yet to encounter any negative situations that could not be handled with tolerance and respect with solutions for all.

Through out the years this group has developed into a nationwide network of friends that travel to music shows. I can honestly say that since my first Wanee in 2010, I have developed a since of kinship with folks that I didn't know possible in this day and age.

2. What improvements would you like to see in 2013? Based on my 2011 festival experience as a VIP, I can only recall a few things that I found annoying.....the bathrooms - lots of sick women in the VIP area and the smell was bad (I felt so sorry for the women assigned to those restrooms because they tried their best and I realize it was not their fault); the variety of beer/wine/spirits - not really to my tastes, and the VIP stage viewing areas - why bother - lots of drunks climbing over fences, pushing, stepping on folks (I am a short person, and seemed to get stepped on more than usual in the VIP area). That is why I purchased General Admission for 2012 as l felt that the 2011 VIP experience did not measure up to the cost of the tickets.

3. New features for the 2013 wish list? I realize that the production end of a festival that has grown to this size is tremendous. I could not begin to take on the task of being in charge (and I spent 25 years controlling airplanes at the 3rd largest facility in the country); however, I found that the number of times I heard complaints in the 2011 season and asked or suggested that the individual take it to management, their response always seemed to be that there was no one willing to take responsibility...so I guess that a clear determination of "who" is in charge and an actual person or committee that is assigned the duty of public relations to offer temporary solutions until a permanent solution can be offered would be beneficial for the promoter/owner and festival attendees.

4. I do enjoy my time at Suwannee Music Park. I usually arrive early and leave late. I enjoy watching the quiet park grow into a bustling little city, a small trickle of folks at first and then overnight it seems the floodgates open. I enjoy watching the camaraderie between the campsites, most strangers don't stay that way long, friendships develop, stories are shared, meals are shared....everyone seems to help each other get settled in for the long haul. I hope that this continues to be the Wanee way as this festival continues through the years.

Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:08 am Profile
Wanee Master

Great answers grandmacracker....I couldn't agree with you more.
I was apprehensive at my first festy and a camper next to me took me under his wings and taught me all there is to know about the campgrounds. We had a great time together...and had never met before.
This last Wanee, I got there early and saved a spot for him, not knowing if he was coming or not. He did...and this time we expanded our circle of friends and we all plan on camping together at Mag and at Wanee next year.
The friendliness and helpfulness of everyone is astounding.
I'm a little bit of a loner...but I went to the M&G and met many more new friends......and that is what is special about this event to me, how everyone is willing to help and get along with each other.
Love to you all!

Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:50 am Profile
Wanee Master

Rivernole wrote:
Great answers grandmacracker....I couldn't agree with you more.
I was apprehensive at my first festy and a camper next to me took me under his wings and taught me all there is to know about the campgrounds. We had a great time together...and had never met before.
This last Wanee, I got there early and saved a spot for him, not knowing if he was coming or not. He did...and this time we expanded our circle of friends and we all plan on camping together at Mag and at Wanee next year.
The friendliness and helpfulness of everyone is astounding.
I'm a little bit of a loner...but I went to the M&G and met many more new friends......and that is what is special about this event to me, how everyone is willing to help and get along with each other.
Love to you all!

Plus ya camped just down from the block party we call Waneetopia, hope you make frequent stops again! :)

ImageImageImage

Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:20 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

Oops

Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:49 am Profile
Wanee Demi-God

EnjoyingTheRide wrote:
Oops

:?:

Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:20 pm Profile