Last visit was: Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:52 pm It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:52 pm




 [ 1648 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87 ... 165  Next
 MUSIC TRIVIA 
Author Message
Wanee Pro
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:08 am
Posts: 474
Post Re: MUSIC TRIVIA
I only know this because it was the title to the last George thorogood album..... Which is very good by the way. Address for chess records

_________________
You can choose a ready guide in some celestial voice.
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.


Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:52 pm Profile
Wanee Master
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:52 pm
Posts: 6135
Location: Brandon, Florida
Post Re: MUSIC TRIVIA
I've heard that. Very nice. And you're up! Well done!

_________________
"Bring the band on down behind me, boys." -- FZ

"Remember: music is a religion. You have to pray every day."
-- Jose' Luis "Cheo" Pardo, Los Amigos Invisibles


Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:53 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:04 pm
Posts: 2098
Location: Palm Bay, FL
Post Re: MUSIC TRIVIA
tieyourshoes51 wrote:
Here is Waneebe's question, since we are speaking of the Stones:

Why is there a song on the American LP 12x5 with a song entitled "2120 South Michigan Avenue?"

[The Brit version has a harmonica solo that does not appear on the US LP.]


I couldn’t have come up with a better question ;)

_________________
Judie

Following the shadows of the skies or are they only figments of my eyes?
And I'm feeling close to where the race is run
Waiting in our boats to set sail, sea of joy


Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:58 pm Profile
Wanee Master
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:52 pm
Posts: 6135
Location: Brandon, Florida
Post Re: MUSIC TRIVIA
Waneebe wrote:
tieyourshoes51 wrote:
Here is Waneebe's question, since we are speaking of the Stones:

Why is there a song on the American LP 12x5 with a song entitled "2120 South Michigan Avenue?"

[The Brit version has a harmonica solo that does not appear on the US LP.]


I couldn’t have come up with a better question ;)



Sorry, though. The champagne and the thought of keeping the thread alive (given the number I have thoroughly annihalted) made we ask out of turn.

_________________
"Bring the band on down behind me, boys." -- FZ

"Remember: music is a religion. You have to pray every day."
-- Jose' Luis "Cheo" Pardo, Los Amigos Invisibles


Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:05 pm Profile
Wanee Master
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:52 pm
Posts: 6135
Location: Brandon, Florida
Post Re: MUSIC TRIVIA
Well, ME, anyway!

_________________
"Bring the band on down behind me, boys." -- FZ

"Remember: music is a religion. You have to pray every day."
-- Jose' Luis "Cheo" Pardo, Los Amigos Invisibles


Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:06 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2009 3:47 am
Posts: 906
Location: Sweet Home Orlando
Post Re: MUSIC TRIVIA
tieyourshoes51 wrote:
Why is there a song on the American LP 12x5 with a song entitled "2120 South Michigan Avenue?"

Not to interfere with the game, as this Q was already answered.

There is an interview in the Chicago Sun Times with Keith today.

"Chicago’s kind of a second heaven to me. I’m sure there’s a lot of people in Chicago who would disagree with me! But from a musical point of view, it was incredible."
“Chicago’s a hometown for me,”

http://www.suntimes.com/entertainment/1 ... tones.html


Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:19 pm Profile
Wanee Master
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:52 pm
Posts: 6135
Location: Brandon, Florida
Post Re: MUSIC TRIVIA
The Lightman wrote:
tieyourshoes51 wrote:
Why is there a song on the American LP 12x5 with a song entitled "2120 South Michigan Avenue?"

Not to interfere with the game, as this Q was already answered.

There is an interview in the Chicago Sun Times with Keith today.

"Chicago’s kind of a second heaven to me. I’m sure there’s a lot of people in Chicago who would disagree with me! But from a musical point of view, it was incredible."
“Chicago’s a hometown for me,”

http://www.suntimes.com/entertainment/1 ... tones.html



Nice. In the movie 'Cadillac Records," which isn't perfect by any means but is fun to watch, there is a scene where the Stones drive up and want to help the Chess musicians carry their equipment in. Very cool.

There are things in the movie to dispute in terms of accuracy, but it gives a pretty good feel for the vibe of the time.

_________________
"Bring the band on down behind me, boys." -- FZ

"Remember: music is a religion. You have to pray every day."
-- Jose' Luis "Cheo" Pardo, Los Amigos Invisibles


Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:58 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2009 3:47 am
Posts: 906
Location: Sweet Home Orlando
Post Re: MUSIC TRIVIA
tieyourshoes51 wrote:
The Lightman wrote:
tieyourshoes51 wrote:
Why is there a song on the American LP 12x5 with a song entitled "2120 South Michigan Avenue?"

Not to interfere with the game, as this Q was already answered.

There is an interview in the Chicago Sun Times with Keith today.

"Chicago’s kind of a second heaven to me. I’m sure there’s a lot of people in Chicago who would disagree with me! But from a musical point of view, it was incredible."
“Chicago’s a hometown for me,”

http://www.suntimes.com/entertainment/1 ... tones.html

Nice. good feel for the vibe of the time.


Some still carry that vibe!


Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:02 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:04 pm
Posts: 2098
Location: Palm Bay, FL
Post Re: MUSIC TRIVIA
The UK EP album contains 5 tunes named 5X5 (5 tunes, 5 musicians.) In America EP were not popular so more tunes were needed to create a LP. And that’s why 12X5 (12 tunes, 5 musicians) contained the longer version of the song "2120 South Michigan Avenue”.

_________________
Judie

Following the shadows of the skies or are they only figments of my eyes?
And I'm feeling close to where the race is run
Waiting in our boats to set sail, sea of joy


Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:44 pm Profile
Wanee Master
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:52 pm
Posts: 6135
Location: Brandon, Florida
Post Re: MUSIC TRIVIA
Waneebe wrote:
The UK EP album contains 5 tunes named 5X5 (5 tunes, 5 musicians.) In America EP were not popular so more tunes were needed to create a LP. And that’s why 12X5 (12 tunes, 5 musicians) contained the longer version of the song "2120 South Michigan Avenue”.



Interesting. I have never seen a US version of 12x5 with the long version of 2120. I'll keep an ear out...

_________________
"Bring the band on down behind me, boys." -- FZ

"Remember: music is a religion. You have to pray every day."
-- Jose' Luis "Cheo" Pardo, Los Amigos Invisibles


Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:07 pm Profile
 [ 1648 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87 ... 165  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], CCBot, Google [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Intentional bypassing of the word filter will lead to user banning. The forum is used by all ages and walks of life and your respect for that is appreciated.
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group.
Designed by Vjacheslav Trushkin for Free Forums/DivisionCore.