Last visit was: Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:51 am It is currently Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:51 am

[ 289 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29  Next
 Festival Tips and Tricks... 
Wanee Mushroom

Post Re: Festival Tips and Tricks...
Several great tips; some of you have done this before!!
I did not read all 24 pages of this , so some might be a repeat:
Several cases of water.
spare can of monkey butt
old fashioned coffee pot
COFFEE
freeze any food that you can
I used the mosquito propane cookers last year. will add a 2 burner stove this year.
Wok - will cook anything
Bacon.
several small LED lights. zip tie one light in top of tent
a GOOD rain poncho. NOT the cheap 99 cent ones. DAMHIKT
Walmart sells a 6 gal water jug for about 10 bucks.
To recharge your cell phone: There are rope lights lining some of the side roads. the lights have a male plug on one end and female on the other. the Last light rope has an available plug. (put phone in a plastic bag and all is good)
There is an outlet at the convenience store behind the microwave. There was a taper at the 'shroom soundboard. He had extra space on his power strip, and there are outlets above the light boxes, by the road, at the 'shroom.
RE freezing camelbacks: Do NOT fill full. do NOT have water in the tube or the connector when you freeze it. The ice will break the hose connector. DAMHIKT

RHUM

Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:22 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

Speaking if freezing stuff, I freeze everything I can. But the best thing I do is take Tupperware containers and make blocks of ice. I start a week prior and then when a block is frozen I put it n a freezer bag. Fill and repeat. By the time to go, I have a bunch of perfect square blocks of ice that last at least three days. Then when done, I have containers to use for stuff around camp.

Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:34 pm Profile
Wanee Pro

sunny309 wrote:
Speaking if freezing stuff, I freeze everything I can. But the best thing I do is take Tupperware containers and make blocks of ice. I start a week prior and then when a block is frozen I put it n a freezer bag. Fill and repeat. By the time to go, I have a bunch of perfect square blocks of ice that last at least three days. Then when done, I have containers to use for stuff around camp.

I freeze old milk jugs and you can cut them open to save space or use for cleaning water later.

Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:43 pm Profile
Wanee Master

I also get a small block of dry ice for each cooler and put it at the bottom... it will help keep your ice and frozen stuff super cold, just keep cooler in shade and closed and you can make it 4 or 5 days or so as long as you prefreeze alll your meats

ImageImageImage

Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:53 pm Profile
Wanee Gnome

I tip the bathroom attendents that take care of the showers and shitters. And I alway's come back and tip the food venors if its good, say thanks again. The coffee guy gets my money every morning, note to self keep food tickets check. But the trick is to be aware of whats around you and greet the staff with a smile because they make this all happen. thank you.

Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:00 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

buy some good shoes

late night pita juice is ok on your shirt

only cook breakfast

spend lots of money on a blow up triple stactastic mattress

mark your camp with some wierd trippy light

hang up a jug of water to wash off your feets

Dont miss Wanee.....ever again

Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:13 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

bonnaroo2 wrote:
greet the staff with a smile because they make this all happen

This^^^^^^^^^

Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:40 pm Profile
Wanee Master

BACK TO PAGE 1

Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:26 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Cash, stash, tickets is the mantra.

Private potty: Take a good grade of scoopable cat liter. NO! DO NOT SCOOP IT! It just clumps and a good grade does a good job on odor. Much cheaper than the specially designed gel packs or whatever.

Food: We always cook up a batch of veggie pasta at home and store it in gallon zip lock inside an appropriate size tupperware. Really easy to reheat. Also, I always roast some potatoes at home, store the same way and break those out for breakfast. A little olive oil in a non-stick and those fry up nice and tasty. We get the milk carton eggs like Egg Beaters (little trademark symbol here) and mix into the heated eggs for a scramble.

Develop your own camping list. Start with a good one like has been posted in this thread and then customize it to suit your camping needs. We take one and when something pops up we add it to the list and then incorporate it, or not, into the
master list at a later date.

If they let you bring it in stuff your camleback full of ice at the start of the day and then add water once inside. If you're at a giant fest and don't make it back to camp often then hit a vedor up for just ice and replenish. Hydration is the key to success but ice is the key to luxurius success.

Get a good hammock and learn to sleep in it.

Don't get drunk and lose your backpack. (that one is pretty specifically aimed at me.)

Make friends with your neighbors as soon as possible.

Share what you got. Within reason.

Feeding scruffy looking kids breakfast can pay off with unexpected rewards.

Always lend a hand setting up a strangers tent/ez-up/etc. They won't be a stranger long.

Wagan Power Dome EX 400-Watt Jump Starter with Built-In Air Compressor http://www.amazon.com/Wagan-400-Watt-Starter-Built-In-Compressor/dp/B000WJEPCI or something similar.

Don't let minor bulls*#t interfere with your fun.

Always have a spare lighter.

Zip locks for phone, wallet, camera ect in case of rain as has been mentioned.

Serously, don't get drunk and lose your backpack.

Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:10 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

Always remember... And never forget... Don't get drunk and lose your backpack... :)

Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:18 pm Profile
 [ 289 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29  Next