Last visit was: Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:05 pm It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:05 pm

[ 402 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36 ... 41  Next
 New Members / 1st Timers - Please Read This 
Wanee Veteran

Post Re: New Members / 1st Timers - Please Read This
Did someone say Light sabers? Yes Please.
:)

Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:18 am Profile
Wanee Demi-God

BigWinTrip wrote:
Did someone say Light sabers? Yes Please.
:)

Count me in on that!! :D

Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:52 am Profile
Wanee Pro

I see your Schwartz is as big as mine

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:46 am Profile WWW
Wanee Veteran

Canyon Critter wrote:
I see your Schwartz is as big as mine

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nice

Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:41 am Profile
Wanee Lover

Harmonica_Dude wrote:
At least your not talking about light sabers...

:-D

Don't cross the streams

Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:32 am Profile
Wanee Veteran

Hey now! Veteran festival goer but first time Wanee experience. Been reading the "Read this first" threads for the past day & a half. Not done yet but I figured if I didn't post I'd look like I was creeping the site. Can't wait to get down there and rage it up with you folks.

So, first question is this. I've seen people mention hammocks and from the looks of the google maps it seems to be nice and wooded but how is it for hammock camping? We rock a couple of hammocks instead of a tent so we need some sturdy trees with some decent spacing (12-15' is ideal). We'll be rolling in 2ish on Wed so I think we'll be good on finding a spot.

Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:07 am Profile
Wanee Veteran

mccjeff wrote:
Hey now! Veteran festival goer but first time Wanee experience. Been reading the "Read this first" threads for the past day & a half. Not done yet but I figured if I didn't post I'd look like I was creeping the site. Can't wait to get down there and rage it up with you folks.

So, first question is this. I've seen people mention hammocks and from the looks of the google maps it seems to be nice and wooded but how is it for hammock camping? We rock a couple of hammocks instead of a tent so we need some sturdy trees with some decent spacing (12-15' is ideal). We'll be rolling in 2ish on Wed so I think we'll be good on finding a spot.

Hammocks are cool if you don't mind the occasional down pour that usually happens during April in Florida. There is about a 99% chance that it will rain.

Here is a view of the mushroom stage at Wanee. Be careful wandering around, you can trip over those things after a few beers.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:10 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

Yeah, I know folks hang near the stage just like at all fests. I'm talking about campground hammock camping. We've got full on Hennessey rigs. Rain really doesn't matter. Nor do roots, rocks, sticks, flying bugs, most crawly things, sides of hills or much of anything else. As long as we can get the van pulled into a spot that will hold a 10x10 ezup and has 3-4 suitable trees we are good to go.

Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:40 pm Profile
Wanee Master

mccjeff wrote:
Yeah, I know folks hang near the stage just like at all fests. I'm talking about campground hammock camping. We've got full on Hennessey rigs. Rain really doesn't matter. Nor do roots, rocks, sticks, flying bugs, most crawly things, sides of hills or much of anything else. As long as we can get the van pulled into a spot that will hold a 10x10 ezup and has 3-4 suitable trees we are good to go.

Very wooded and shady... plenty of trees to hook a hammock to in the camp ground

ImageImageImage

Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:08 pm Profile
Wanee Master

And welcome Mccjeff!! :)

ImageImageImage

Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:09 pm Profile
 [ 402 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36 ... 41  Next