Last visit was: Sat Dec 20, 2014 3:25 pm It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 3:25 pm




 [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Bands you love but embarrass you for liking them 
Author Message
Wanee Master
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:52 pm
Posts: 6367
Location: Brandon, Florida
Post Re: Bands you love but embarrass you for liking them
whole lot of love wrote:
herb alpert and his tijuana brass ;)



I STILL listen to the greatest hits CD.

And their wasn't much better than this album cover for a 60s teen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrzkJBEcTbk

_________________
"Bring the band on down behind me, boys." -- FZ

"Remember: music is a religion. You have to pray every day."
-- Jose' Luis "Cheo" Pardo, Los Amigos Invisibles


Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:39 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:48 am
Posts: 724
Post Re: Bands you love but embarrass you for liking them
tieyourshoes51 wrote:
whole lot of love wrote:
herb alpert and his tijuana brass ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrzkJBEcTbk

Oh my. THANKS Tieyourshoes! I'm diggin' this Herb Alpert tune. That's some great AM listening.

8-)


Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:28 am Profile
Wanee Wizard
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:18 pm
Posts: 3722
Post Re: Bands you love but embarrass you for liking them
tieyourshoes51 wrote:
treehugger wrote:
I love the Bee Gees. I still have and listen to Saturday Night Fever soundtrack. I'm not a bit embarrassed. I love disco. Great dance music! :D :D :D



That comes as no surprise to me. That is great dance music, and you are a great dancer!

Thanks Scott. :D


Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:57 am Profile
Wanee Lover

Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:55 am
Posts: 2106
Post Re: Bands you love but embarrass you for liking them
The Carpenters...

:oops: :oops: :oops:

:D :D :D

_________________
Blues is Truth!
http://www.bluespower.com/a-bm01.htm


Keep On Smilin'
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBM6Gbi8qTk


Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:35 pm Profile
Wanee Pro
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:41 am
Posts: 379
Location: DeLand FL
Post Re: Bands you love but embarrass you for liking them
Been following this post for awhile, but I got nothing; no embarrassment.
And I like much of the music mentioned. The last post prompted my jumping in the discussion. Karen Carpenter is still my favorite all time female singing voice.

_________________
Be kind whenever possible. It's always possible.


Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:49 am Profile
Wanee Master
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:52 pm
Posts: 6367
Location: Brandon, Florida
Post Re: Bands you love but embarrass you for liking them
Yep. she had a great voice. I did not like a lot of the songs, but I challenge anyone to listen to her sing Leon Russell's "Superstar" and not melt into a puddle.


BASIA
JEAN CARN
k.d. lang
SADE
SWING OUT SISTER (featuring Corinne Drewery)

_________________
"Bring the band on down behind me, boys." -- FZ

"Remember: music is a religion. You have to pray every day."
-- Jose' Luis "Cheo" Pardo, Los Amigos Invisibles


Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:57 am Profile
Wanee Master
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:43 pm
Posts: 9317
Location: Albany, NY
Post Re: Bands you love but embarrass you for liking them
Spyderstan wrote:
Been following this post for awhile, but I got nothing; no embarrassment.
And I like much of the music mentioned. The last post prompted my jumping in the discussion. Karen Carpenter is still my favorite all time female singing voice.

Love Karen but Allison Krauss has the voice of an angel :D

_________________
When In Doubt, Play Allmans
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBfhL3EyAIk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nm039Hw45aw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FCQwv82 ... r_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBo_POKv21w


Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:25 am Profile WWW
Wanee Lover
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:26 am
Posts: 1338
Location: Nep-Nep-Nep-Neptune!
Post Re: Bands you love but embarrass you for liking them
Dartdog82 wrote:
Spyderstan wrote:
Been following this post for awhile, but I got nothing; no embarrassment.
And I like much of the music mentioned. The last post prompted my jumping in the discussion. Karen Carpenter is still my favorite all time female singing voice.

Love Karen but Allison Krauss has the voice of an angel :D


I'm with you Dart! Not at all embarrassed to say that I really like Diana Krall's voice. That said, perhaps this should be in the female guitarist thread, Esperanza Spalding is one of my new favorites! Bass is a guitar right? And her hair! If I could have a fro like that I would! Spot me in the crowd bouncin'! ]

Elvis Costello is one lucky man!


Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:50 am Profile
Wanee Master
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:52 pm
Posts: 6367
Location: Brandon, Florida
Post Re: Bands you love but embarrass you for liking them
ReverendHugh wrote:
Dartdog82 wrote:
Spyderstan wrote:
Been following this post for awhile, but I got nothing; no embarrassment.
And I like much of the music mentioned. The last post prompted my jumping in the discussion. Karen Carpenter is still my favorite all time female singing voice.

Love Karen but Allison Krauss has the voice of an angel :D


I'm with you Dart! Not at all embarrassed to say that I really like Diana Krall's voice. That said, perhaps this should be in the female guitarist thread, Esperanza Spalding is one of my new favorites! Bass is a guitar right? And her hair! If I could have a fro like that I would! Spot me in the crowd bouncin'! ]

Elvis Costello is one lucky man!



The two greatest concerts I have ever seen -- in terms of sonics -- pure acoustics -- were both at the acoustically incredible Ruth Eckerd Hall in Clearwater.

One was diana Krall and her group with bass player and guitarist. Absolutely astounding. And apparently she heard me praying she would play "Peel Me a Grape" for her encore.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTEX0caQO2E

The other was k.d. lang (twice, actually). Both were spectacular. Ben Mink was the music director at the time and a real powerhouse. When she sang "Lifted By Love" from the "Even Cowgirls Get the Blues" soundtrack, I DID melt into a puddle!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpEM3PHfzUQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RIDPfN1IFlU

_________________
"Bring the band on down behind me, boys." -- FZ

"Remember: music is a religion. You have to pray every day."
-- Jose' Luis "Cheo" Pardo, Los Amigos Invisibles


Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:29 pm Profile
Wanee Master
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:43 pm
Posts: 9317
Location: Albany, NY
Post Re: Bands you love but embarrass you for liking them
This K D Lang Version of "Hallelujah" blew me away:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXojGem9dKA

_________________
When In Doubt, Play Allmans
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBfhL3EyAIk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nm039Hw45aw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FCQwv82 ... r_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBo_POKv21w


Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:29 pm Profile WWW
 [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baiduspider, Bing [Bot], CCBot, Choopa.net/ahrefs.com[Bot], EnjoyingTheRide, Exabot [Bot], Google [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Intentional bypassing of the word filter will lead to user banning. The forum is used by all ages and walks of life and your respect for that is appreciated.
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group.
Designed by Vjacheslav Trushkin for Free Forums/DivisionCore.