Last visit was: Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:56 pm It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:56 pm

[ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Meet and Greet 2014. Keep River Road? 
Wanee Pro

Post Re: Meet and Greet 2014. Keep River Road?
This will probably bite me in the ass but how about doing it invite only...only those with an invite get a badge and only those with a badge get in!

Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:03 pm Profile
Wanee Master

The problem with doing the M & G invite only, as I see it, is who gets to decide who gets to come? I wouldn't want to be that person. We had a couple of people wander in, some were genuinely interested in what we were all about and that was pretty cool. I hope it draws some more people to our forum. All along, I have said "it's OUR party." I just helped it along a little. Gladly I will pass that job to someone else. I am more interested in enjoying Wanee. I'm thinking maybe a grass roots movement for a smaller gathering at 212. Waneetopia is a city in itself. Much better equipped to handle a large party. My party will be more space appropriate. Not a Meet and Greet, but a gathering of friends.

Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:28 pm Profile
Wanee Master

AndieBee wrote:
The problem with doing the M & G invite only, as I see it, is who gets to decide who gets to come? I wouldn't want to be that person. We had a couple of people wander in, some were genuinely interested in what we were all about and that was pretty cool. I hope it draws some more people to our forum. All along, I have said "it's OUR party." I just helped it along a little. Gladly I will pass that job to someone else. I am more interested in enjoying Wanee. I'm thinking maybe a grass roots movement for a smaller gathering at 212. Waneetopia is a city in itself. Much better equipped to handle a large party. My party will be more space appropriate. Not a Meet and Greet, but a gathering of friends.

I think this is a great idea Andie.
See you at SunFest 8-) 8-)

Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:11 am Profile
Wanee Gnome

what are the 2014 dates?

Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:58 am Profile
Wanee Wizard

terrapin710 wrote:
what are the 2014 dates?

I don't think they are posted yet... :)

Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:19 am Profile
Wanee Veteran

I have nothing to add in the opinion area, except to say that for the two Wanees I've been to, I've missed both M&G's due to my tight schedule!

:x :x :x

I know Andie has said her piece re: site 212... FWIW, any other space rental option will run as much or more. EG, the Wharf Rats had their meeting area next to the burrito place at the Peach stage; they were being charged $250 for the space, for the duration of the weekend. It wasn't a large popup, maybe 15'x15'...

There is a 'rumpus room' next to the permanent baths that are nearest Waneetopia: cinder block bldg, windows all around, concrete floor. Probably 60'x30' or so. Even though I've never seen it used for a party, I doubt the park people would rent it for cheap. It'd be good for a party of 100 or so; 250 would have it spilling out on all sides.

Just submitted for consideration, in furtherance of the discussion...

Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:56 am Profile
Wanee Master

No Sunfest for me Jeff, work and other obligations. But I'll see you somewhere. I'm going to be in your neck of the woods for dinner on Tuesday, so we'll get together somewhere soon. Teresa still owes me some "quality time" as she calls it. I miss everyone!

Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:00 pm Profile
Wanee Pro

Late to this party debate, but my vote is for keeping it on River Road.
but I will be where ever you all decide it needs to be. :)

Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:09 am Profile
Wanee Lover

Scrog wrote:
Late to this party debate, but my vote is for keeping it on River Road.
but I will be where ever you all decide it needs to be. :)

this

Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:04 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

one of the blessings that i've cherished is the opportunity to meet so many fine people at wanee each year. the brothers and sisters were gracious enough to take in me and my friends in back in 2012 and you all greated myra with open arms this year. thank you for that.

and i guess at it's core, the explosive growth of new members to the brothers and sisters has led to the meet and greet being unmanageable. so maybe andie is on to something.

maybe it's time for the m&g to move to a larger area that can accomodate hundreds. maybe there's also a place for smaller gatherings. maybe it's time to set clearer expectations of what is expected.

if one is told that all that is required to participate is a smile and a hug, it has to be expected that folks will take us up on that. there will be shortages of food and drink. i can only speak for myra and me. we wouldn't think of attending a party without contributing something. it seems that the event has gotten to a point that it's become a burden. that's a shame.

i'm thankful that i got to experience the m&g and the opportunity to meet so many of you. no matter what happens, i'll still look forward to seeing the friends i've made over the last 2 years.

Sun May 05, 2013 9:07 am Profile
 [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next