Last visit was: Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:03 pm It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:03 pm

[ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Help with fire prevention at the SOSMP 
Wanee Wizard

Post Re: Help with fire prevention at the SOSMP
GratefulThem wrote:
You are no short, fat woman GrandmaCracker! Why so hard on yourself?
We know you're a Hippie Hottie!! So stop it!!

That's right, hottest grandma I've ever seen! Short yes, but still hot! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:36 pm Profile
Wanee Master

Nothing is catching fire in this rain here today... Well maybe hot Graham Crackers... Frannie, hurry up and get here! I can't wait til Monday!

Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:20 pm Profile
Wanee Peach

Gettin' ready for another round...little lonely back here in the renaissance section... :)

Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:06 pm Profile
Wanee Mushroom

15 minutes and we are on the way!!!

Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:39 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

↓↓ Well, Wanee IS a great place for a good fire. I made a 2013 fire ring from a 55 gal drum. Worked like a charm. ↓↓

↓↓ During the friday night rains, it was a blazing oasis. We had ~15 people around it under umbrellas. Rain broke up around 4am. ↓↓

↓↓ Saturday night was the 'All In' night. Security was VERY cool about the inferno, they only asked that I NOT add any more wood. Image If you look carefully, you can see the ' 01 ' of the Wanee 2013 peeking out of the inner glow. The radiant heat was pretty intense, but welcome on that chilly night. ↓↓

↓↓ This was the hottest period for the fire. The base has settled a bit, and oxidizing rapidly. The fire is burning ANYTHING, you can see the ferns (!) growing out of one of the logs. Even not adding wood, rearranging the burning fire kept it going well into sunrise. ↓↓

↓↓ And it has finally settled down. One can almost read the Wanee 2013 cutout. The entire burn ring is glowing red hot at this point. This was at ~0630 in the morning. Noon that day we dumped the coals. Took about 50 gallons of water to put them out. ↓↓

We had a 12 gallon pressured water hose with a spray nozzle. That took care of the stray coals and embers that would spill out. A spigot nearby that we could transfer the hose to should need arise. It was wet enough from Friday I was not fearful of lighting the woods on fire. But OH BOY do I love making a bonfire. :)

"" I'm not gonna vote for more rules... we go to festivals to get away from most of the idiotic social customs and rules for a time, and be a bit more free than the regular world lets us... keep the rules simple and few, and let kindness rule rather than a rule book... ""

THIS. ↑↑↑↑

Author - Beach Bob - Monday 20 MAY 2013 - 8:22 am
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10529&start=10&hilit=chairs

Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:58 am Profile WWW
Wanee Veteran

Og say:

FIRE GOOD

:D

I saw a heckuva fire going on during the Brothers set Friday night, across the fence in the special people's camping area. It looked mighty inviting!!

Cool pix, and a VERY cool fire ring 8-)

Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:32 am Profile
Wanee Fan

Volkemon is the man !! what a great guy , it was a pleasure to be in the same camp.

Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:26 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

howdog wrote:
Volkemon is the man !! what a great guy , it was a pleasure to be in the same camp.

Both you guys were cool Howdog, stinks you coudn't stick around for Volke's Blazing Inferno. That was a great fire and a fire pit. Kudos to Volkemon aka McGyver! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Btw, The fish fry was excellent also, good stuff! Tell your buddy we greatly appreciated it!

John Muir

Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:54 pm Profile
 [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4