Last visit was: Sun Dec 21, 2014 11:28 pm It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 11:28 pm

[ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Drum circle question 
Wanee Gnome

Post Drum circle question
Don't get onto me too bad....

I don't know if I'm going to regret this question or not but here goes....

This will be my 4th wanee and I've never been to the drum circles. I'm fairly familiar with the park, could someone tell me where the drum circle occurs and when?? I'd like to make it this year.

We usually camp in the pine field which we enjoy.

Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:03 pm Profile
Wanee Pro

Post Re: Drum circle question
My 1st year. Mickey Hart was there last year, and did a drum circle I heard about. But I don't think he'll be here 2013.

Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:46 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

dwanee wrote:
Don't get onto me too bad....

I don't know if I'm going to regret this question or not but here goes....

This will be my 4th wanee and I've never been to the drum circles. I'm fairly familiar with the park, could someone tell me where the drum circle occurs and when?? I'd like to make it this year.

We usually camp in the pine field which we enjoy.

800 feet north east of the big bat house.

Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:35 pm Profile
Wanee Master

Stay away!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nm039Hw45aw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FCQwv82 ... r_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBo_POKv21w

Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:37 pm Profile WWW
Wanee Veteran

It's waaaay out there. Major hike. I've been several times and the walk is more fun than the drum circle in my opinion. Be careful though, it's really easy to get lost and when you think you are, just keep walking and you might find it.

Every time I've made it, I end up turning around about 5 minutes after arrival. Just can't get into the no rythem, beat the s#%t out of a drum sound. Especially after hearing really sweet tunes all day. You'll typically run into some fire dancers along the way and they will have a few drummers. They are all much more entertaining to watch and listen to so if suggest stopping there and not going to the drum circle.

Just my opinion though. Some people adore drum circles no matter the sound.

Have fun on your travels there!! :)

Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:17 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

3rd Wanee And I never made it out either. Its a ways out there good 20min walk(not that bad) From Where I usualy camp, so depending on where you are...

Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:31 am Profile
Wanee Lover

there's a bat house? is it anywhere around wayne manor?

Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:21 am Profile
Wanee Gnome

In 2011 the only time I went we camped right near the drum circle. Totally got asked to leave because I am super duper square and kept beating the drums out of rhythm or pressing down real hard on the skins to make a different noise.
It seemed like a good idea at the time especially when some fire girl was all happy about seeing a sexual manatee. Now that I read that story I sound like a jerk, or maybe I should have been less of a Tugboat and more of a Manatee at the very least.

Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:43 am Profile
Wanee Pro

Some of the people that go out there are real assholes. Most of the time there's more people waiting to hear someone play than to actually play. It gets going about 3-4 am and stays strong until about 6. I used to camp right there so I got to listen to the good and the very bad. I got a lot of lost souls come through camp which was pretty cool though. Made a ton of friends. :D

Once in a while you get shown the light
In the strangest of places if you look at it right

Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:04 am Profile
Wanee Master

Tugboatcharlie wrote:
In 2011 the only time I went we camped right near the drum circle. Totally got asked to leave because I am super duper square and kept beating the drums out of rhythm or pressing down real hard on the skins to make a different noise.
It seemed like a good idea at the time especially when some fire girl was all happy about seeing a sexual manatee. Now that I read that story I sound like a jerk, or maybe I should have been less of a Tugboat and more of a Manatee at the very least.

Oh Boy that sounds worse than a Chocolate Stealin' Squirrel. :?

Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:48 am Profile
 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next